DANGER: New Fender line

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
The new Teles are (I admitted this elsewhere) sexy-looking, to be sure. I'm between paying gigs right now, plus I just recovered my former all-black Tele that I modded myself to have essentially the same new features, so for now I'm safe.

TBH, if I do drop serious (like, 4 digit) coin on a new axe anytime soon it'll probably be an S2 PRS I've been drooling over.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I have to wonder if Fender think we are a bit gullible, bring out new versions of Strats and Teles, are they tempting us into must have the latest version thought process.

Not at all Artyman. It's just much less expensive for them to build a new guitar with all the modern upgrades than it would be for them to buy back all the old guitars and upgrade them......;)

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I stopped in at Chicago Music Exchange yesterday. Oh my! You have to stop in if you're in Chicago. I immediately sought out the Ultra Strats. I like them a lot. The neck is much nicer than my American Strat IMHO. Yes, they are spendy, but....................It could happen. :unsure::oops::sick:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I dunno...

They look like your basic Strats and Teles to me.

I like the Alternate Reality series (like my Meteora) because they really look and feel different.

But the Ultra series seems more like the usual "Lather, rinse, repeat" formula that so many manufacturers rely upon and try to pass off as something new or unique.

I'll pass.

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
I checked out the ultra Tele and didn't care for the neck profile as compared to the elite series. I am curious as to what they do with the thinline Tele if and when they bring out.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Well, another factor not mentioned is that I wanted to get something in tribute to my mom who recently passed away, so..........why not a guitar? BB King had Lucille. I'll name mine LoLo. (she was Lois). It's a win/win. I accomplish that and end up with a nicer guitar than what I have now. Not quite decided on color though. :p:D