For the Vets

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
For the Vets in the group...............my list is mostly what I know in California, your area may have more

I figure, wear the uniform, there is nothing wrong with one day a year veteran your ass off and take some freebies, but remember to tip

Applebee’s – November 11, 2019
Veterans and active-duty military receive a free meal from a limited menu at participating Applebee’s on November 11. Dine-in only. Visit the Applebee’s website for details

Chili’s Grill & Bar – November 11, 2019
All Veterans and active duty military personnel can get a free meal on Veteran’s Day Monday, November 11, 2019, at all participating Chili’s Grill and Bar restaurants. Please call ahead to your local Chili’s restaurant if you have any questions about your Veteran’s Day meals. Visit the Chili’s website for details.

Red Robin – November 11, 2019
Veteran’s and Active Duty Military are being offered a free dine-in Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries on Veteran’s Day, 11/11/2019. Visit the Red Robin website for details.

IHOP – November 11, 2019
All Active duty and Retired Veterans in observance of Veteran’s Day, November 11, are invited to come in to IHOP and enjoy a “free” breakfast. Visit the IHOP website for details

Subway – November 11, 2019
Military Veterans with a valid ID are being offered a free six-inch sub on November 11 at select locations. Call or visit your nearest location for details.

Outback – November 11, 2019
Veterans with a military ID can get a free Bloomin’ Onion and non-alcoholic beverage on November 11, and 20 percent off their check Nov. 12 to Dec. 31.

BJs Restaurant Brewhouse – November 11, 2019
Military and Veteran’s with a valid ID are being offered a free entree up to $14.95 and a free Dr. Pepper beverage on November 11. Call your local BJs Restaurant Brewhouse for details

California Pizza Kitchen– November 11, 2019
Veterans and active U.S. military members with proof of service have an invitation to enjoy a complimentary meal from CPK’s Veterans Day menu at all participating California Pizza Kitchen locations nationwide.

Farmer Boys – November 11, 2019
Veterans and active duty military with valid proof of service get a free cheese cheeseburger on November 11. Please call ahead to your local Farmer Boys if you have any questions about your Veteran’s Day Discount.

Little Caesars Pizza – November 11, 2019
Veterans and active duty military with valid ID will
receive a free $5 hot-n-ready lunch combo_On November 11, from 11am to 2pm. Please call ahead to your local Little Caesars Pizza if you have any questions about your Veteran’s Day Discount.

Great Clips – November 11, 2019
Veterans and current military members can visit a U.S. Great Clips salon on November 11 to receive either a free haircut that day or the free haircut card to use at a later date. Visit the Great Clips website for details. Visit the Great Clips website for details.

Sport Clips – November 11, 2019
Some locations will be offering free haircuts on November 11. Visit the Sports Clips website for details.

Krispy Creme
Military and Veterans get 1 free donut and small coffee on Veterans Day.

Buffalo Wild Wings
Their “Wings for Heroes” means you’ll receive one small order of wings with a side of fries.

Olive Garden
Choose from 6 popular entrees from Olive Garden’s menu for free on Veterans Day.

Sizzler
Guests can choose from three entrées: a six-ounce Tri-Tip Steak, a single Malibu Chicken or a Half Dozen Fried Shrimp, and a free beverage, including coffee, iced tea or a fountain drink.

Wienerschnitzel
On Veterans Day, 11/11, Wienerschnitzel is offering a free Chili Dog with a small fry and a small Pepsi to Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers. Bring your military ID or dress in a uniform.

Knott’s Berry Farm – Buena Park, CA
Knott’s Berry Farm is offering Military Tribute Days with free admission to active duty and retired military, and veterans. This offer is valid November 3 – 21 and December 2- December 19, 2019, and covers admission for the service member and one guest. Additional tickets may be purchased by the Military I.D. holder at a discounted rate.

Dunkin Donuts - To show their support, Dunkin' Donuts is giving away free donuts to active duty military and veterans on Monday, November 11, 2019.

Peets coffee - Veterans can grab a free cup of coffee or tea (any size) at Peet's Coffee on Monday, November 1

Dennys - Stop by Denny's on Monday, November 12, 2018, and all active, non-active, and retired military personnel can get a free Build Your Own Grand Slam

Weinerschnitzel - this November 11, eligible customers can have a chili dog and small fries free, plus a 20 oz drink.

Cocoz - Active military and veterans who visit Coco's Bakery on November 11, 2018, will receive a free slice of pie! Just be sure to come in with your military ID so they can confirm that you are or were in the military.

Meineke - Active and retired members of the military can present their valid military ID at a participating Meineke location on November 12, 2018 for a free basic oil change.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I just recently got my official VA veteran's identification card, but I've never even tried to get any of the Veterans' Day freebies, because I figure they'll be swamped.

By the way, getting the card is a pretty easy online process. https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/

yep have mine, even though I didnt retire...........I would tell you to go, its usually not bad. What I like best, we go to Dennys locally for breakfast, a bunch of world war 2 vets show, then my time with Iraq and somalia, and of course the newer Desert Storm and Afghanistan kids.

All of us "younger" ( though I am ushing the envelope on that claim now) all make it a point to go up and show respect to the WWII guys and gals, by either pouring coffee, helping to go to the restroom, giving up seats, what have ya

Last year, we went to sizzler for Dinner, a Korea guy was eating by himself, the wife and I asked to join him, he had lost his wife a few months earlier, so having one of his own, even younger meant something to him.

Plus, honestly, the service is a chapter in my life book I have closed, but, once a year, its nice to remember the ones we lost and served with

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
FREE DONUTS:)
Problem is, the only part of my uniform that might still fit is my skivvies.
I'm afraid if I show up in my uniform, I'll be eating my donuts in jail.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
FREE DONUTS:)
Problem is, the only part of my uniform that might still fit is my skivvies.
I'm afraid if I show up in my uniform, I'll be eating my donuts in jail.
recently lost 20 lbs, still cant fit in my old uniform

But, I have a 100% guaranteed diet plan that works

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just when I slagged off the Oz govt. for treating vets like shit today they announce a veterans card which gives discount all year round and not just for one day. some details here: https://www.news.com.au/national/go...s/news-story/8e20f866e1d693e9e1f388b98a64fbf0

Very cool, I think every country many times vets feel like they are forgotten after their service, and God knows we dont always treat them the best. But, as an immigrant to the USA, I always felt the priveleage and honor was mine to wear the uniform, that it was giving back to Americans who allow me to live here. I have never felt comfortable when people say "Thank you for your service"

I know they mean well, but it makes me uncomfortable. Only once a year I enjoy going to the free breakfast thing so I can hang out with the different generations of service members.

Keeping politics out of everything

My father (step father actually) was a volunteer two tour vietnam veteran, he always told me

If you wear the uniform to get a girl to drop their pantys, or because you want to stand out in the crowd, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Service to country is the biggest honor you can have, whether you do it by being in the military, being a teacher, running a soup kitchen, doesnt matter, you do it because it is right

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I have never felt comfortable when people say "Thank you for your service"

I know they mean well, but it makes me uncomfortable.
Me too. I sometimes like to wear a "Viet Nam Veteran" cap, but I don't do it to get any comments. It's more to remind people that the vast majority of us came home and went on to live normal, productive lives. There's still a stigma attached to Viet Nam vets that will probably never die. My daughter told me that recently it came up in conversation with a friend that I was one. He responded "your dad's a Viet Nam veteran? Is he messed up?"

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
My daughter told me that recently it came up in conversation with a friend that I was one. He responded "your dad's a Viet Nam veteran? Is he messed up?"

that can be a good thing, it means people still remember, maybe not in the best way, but at least they remember

WilliamEnright

Blues Junior
With the very greatest of respect and thanks to you all:

I was a child on my daddy’s knee

I could not hear what he tried to tell me

I did not care that he had walked through the night

I was too young to hear of his fight

I was a teen in my daddy’s face

I did not treat him with care or with grace

I disrespected that man before me

I could not bend and he was angry with me.

He don’t need a flag and he don’t need a band

He needs a son who can understand

He don’t need parades and he don’t need a gun

He needs your respect for the things that he done.

I found a girl and a place of my own

Then my dad helped me build her a home

He showed me a hammer, he showed me a saw

But he could show me the things that he saw

Along then comes my son and it hits like a stone

I know now how my dad felt all alone

I never seen but now I feel what Dad saw

Beach, paddy or desert, his soul was raw

Dad’s hair is silver and his heart is gold

He never faltered, he carried the load

He can straighten his back and look in your eyes

He’ll stare down the Reaper on the day that he dies

sloslunas

NM Blues
With the very greatest of respect and thanks to you all:

I was a child on my daddy’s knee

I could not hear what he tried to tell me

I did not care that he had walked through the night

I was too young to hear of his fight

I was a teen in my daddy’s face

I did not treat him with care or with grace

I disrespected that man before me

I could not bend and he was angry with me.

I found a girl and a place of my own

Then my dad helped me build her a home

He showed me a hammer, he showed me a saw

But he could show me the things that he saw

Along then comes my son and it hits like a stone

I know now how my dad felt all alone

I never seen but now I feel what Dad saw

Beach, paddy or desert, his soul was raw

Dad’s hair is silver and his heart is gold

He never faltered, he carried the load

He can straighten his back and look in your eyes

He’ll stare down the Reaper on the day that he dies
Outstanding my brother!!

Steve

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I took notes there Mark--If I hit them all in my area--you think they would allow "to go boxes" , my wife wouldn't have to cook for 4-5 days.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I just recently got my official VA veteran's identification card, but I've never even tried to get any of the Veterans' Day freebies, because I figure they'll be swamped.

By the way, getting the card is a pretty easy online process. https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/
I took your advice and sent in the required info. I received an email saying that I have been verified...congratulations. My question is...do they send you an actual card that you can put in your wallet to use??? Their website does not answer this question. If they don't, it isn't going to be much good for my use. Thanks for your reply in advance...

Steve