Stageright amp

MarcLevac

Blues Newbie
Lookin to buy this stageright amp 15 watts all tube wonder if any good
Also my daughter is going to Anaheim next week since we are from Canada was wondering if any of you guys would no where to get one in Anaheim

Thanks folks

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Also my daughter is going to Anaheim next week since we are from Canada was wondering if any of you guys would no where to get one in Anaheim. I have had mine about 3 years and wish I had bought another one before they raised the price and cut back on the promotions.

Thanks folks

The Stage Right amp by monoprice is exactly the same as a Laney 12R, but with spring reverb and an effects loop. Several of us have one and it is a great sounding amp Given its low cost and weight, it's perfect for jams.

Monoprice is located in Corona, which is not far from Anaheim, and you can order for pickup there. They have gotten quite a following and there is a Facebook group devoted to them.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I’ve bought two “little amps” since joining BGU - influenced by several enabling GASers! A couple years ago the Fender Blues Jr. was a very popular amp (still may be), but folks here pointed out that the monoprice (stage right) amp was very similar for a lot less $. I haven’t used it much (jams didn’t work out), but it does seem like a pretty decent amp. I find that the tone controls don’t do much in the way of tone shaping, but the gain and power are impressive! The reverb is ok. I’ve had it for a couple years and it still works (light use). I also got a Fender Champion 40. It’s digital, and sounds great. I think it’s about the same price as the stage right. Both good little amps! I don’t think you can wrong for the price.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
I have a couple of the older Monoprice amps (5 and 15 watt) and like the others say, both are great amps for the dough. The thing with Monoprice though is you have to have an address to deliver it to, and shipping to Canada is prohibitive. When I looked into pickup in Corona a few years ago I was told that wasn't an option, so I would suggest ordering online for delivery to the hotel or wherever she's staying in Anaheim.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have a couple of the older Monoprice amps (5 and 15 watt) and like the others say, both are great amps for the dough. The thing with Monoprice though is you have to have an address to deliver it to, and shipping to Canada is prohibitive. When I looked into pickup in Corona a few years ago I was told that wasn't an option, so I would suggest ordering online for delivery to the hotel or wherever she's staying in Anaheim.

I believe that's changed. Pretty much everything I've purchased from them in the last year or so has had a "local pickup" option at no cost.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
I believe that's changed. Pretty much everything I've purchased from them in the last year or so has had a "local pickup" option at no cost.

Good to hear they changed that... it was the year Lynn (LLL) had someone from Monoprice at BGU live displaying a bunch of their gear and I wanted to buy one of the guitars, I had it in my hands but couldn't buy it! :mad: So I inquired about driving down the road to buy one on my way home but was told I would have to order it and it could be sent to my hotel. Problem was I was heading home before it would arrive. o_O

MarcLevac

Blues Newbie
Also my daughter is going to Anaheim next week since we are from Canada was wondering if any of you guys would no where to get one in Anaheim

Thanks folks
Thanks a bunch I’ll have it ship to the hotel

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Good to hear they changed that... it was the year Lynn (LLL) had someone from Monoprice at BGU live displaying a bunch of their gear and I wanted to buy one of the guitars, I had it in my hands but couldn't buy it! :mad: So I inquired about driving down the road to buy one on my way home but was told I would have to order it and it could be sent to my hotel. Problem was I was heading home before it would arrive. o_O

That's odd because the year before that Lynn, cowboy, Marv (I think) and I drove up to Rancho Cucamonga (not far from Corona) to their office/store. You could buy stuff, including guitars, right there.

Haven't looked at the amps since I bought mine years ago and I see that they're up to $250 now. Think I paid something like $140 for mine on sale from $180. Don't know that I'd pay $250 for one now.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I have a Stage Right amp (15w) and I think it's a great little amp. Lots of gain and a good clean sound and a spring reverb to boot!

The only knock I have is the speaker (Celestion 70/80).
At low volume it's fine but it gets "brassy" when pushed.

I've heard that a Cannabis Rex is a good upgrade and I may give that a try.
But otherwise, for the $145.00 it cost me, I think it's a bargain and a half!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Marc...where in Canada?...just wondering...we got quite a few people here near the border...later.

cowboy

ronico

rainyislandblues
Montreal, Quebec
Hi Marc! I grew up in Montreal! What part you in? I lived in Valois( eastern Pte Claire) then Verdun when I worked for BELL out of Lachine. Then in the '80s Ile Cadieux (Lac Deux Montagne) for 2 years when I had a business interest on the west island. BEST city in the world imho! Miss it. Lots of friends still there! Sorry all for the thread jacking!

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
My main memory of Montreal is getting food poisoning at a lunch buffet and not being able to complete the drive to Quebec City, too sick to drive :)
Ahhh good times!

On the other hand I love my monoprice 15W amp. My Nace stays safe at home, my Monoprice gets toted around for jams and practice.

MarcLevac

Blues Newbie
My main memory of Montreal is getting food poisoning at a lunch buffet and not being able to complete the drive to Quebec City, too sick to drive :)
Ahhh good times!

On the other hand I love my monoprice 15W amp. My Nace stays safe at home, my Monoprice gets toted around for jams and practice.
That Ain,t food poisoning that,s how are food taste. Lollllll:)

MarcLevac

Blues Newbie
Hi Marc! I grew up in Montreal! What part you in? I lived in Valois( eastern Pte Claire) then Verdun when I worked for BELL out of Lachine. Then in the '80s Ile Cadieux (Lac Deux Montagne) for 2 years when I had a business interest on the west island. BEST city in the world imho! Miss it. Lots of friends still there! Sorry all for the thread jacking!
Lived in LaSalle then moved to the south shore saint constant and now Marieville I fished two mountain nearly every day back then, nice to meet you(y)