Blues Newbie
Seems pretty accurate for me

What's Your Learning Style? The Results

Printer Friendly Version

Your Scores:

• Auditory: 40%
  • Visual: 45%
  • Tactile: 15%
You are a Visual learner! Check out the information below, or view all of the learning styles.

Visual
If you are a visual learner, you learn by reading or seeing pictures. You understand and remember things by sight. You can picture what you are learning in your head, and you learn best by using methods that are primarily visual. You like to see what you are learning.

As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean. You often close your eyes to visualize or remember something, and you will find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.

Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:

• Sit near the front of the classroom. (It won't mean you're the teacher's pet!)
  • Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.
  • Use flashcards to learn new words.
  • Try to visualize things that you hear or things that are read to you.
  • Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.
  • Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.
  • Color code things.
  • Avoid distractions during study times.
Remember that you need to see things, not just hear things, to learn well.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Although we have a few outliers, I'm seeing a trend here:

This group has a tilt towards the auditory.
If this was a brick layers forum, I suspect the results might be different.
I'm thinking if Griff is following this, he might start offering C/Ds instead of DVDs.:LOL:
I kind of chuckled at my results. I've had a couple of these tests over the years (the company I worked for a while back was a big fan of these and those personality tests). I've always shown up as a Visually Tactile learner with Auditory barely breaking into the top 3. But on this test, some of the questions really skewed things for the Auditory team.

"You won a contest, so which do you choose? A ball, a music cd, or a poster." The music cd every single time because I dig music. If it was an audio book or something not musically related, it wouldn't be the cd. "You go out with friends, where do you go? A movie, a concert, or whatever the third option was." The concert because we all dig music, and most concerts you can go be loud and have a good time while you're there. They kick you out of movies for that kind of thing.

There were 4 or 5 questions like this, that specified music as the auditory option, that I thought were not that objective and would lead to a higher auditory score. I think a LOT of us are going to lean towards the auditory style according to this test. Not because we actually lean that way, but because we're all musicians, wannabe musicians, or, at the very least, more musically aspirated than your average person (since we're out to make music in some way instead of just listen to it).

• Auditory: 30%
  • Tactile: 25%

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hmm. Maybe I should just quit trying to learn guitar and take up painting or photography or something.
Your Scores:

• Auditory: 35%
  • Visual: 55%
  • Tactile: 10%
You are a Visual learner! Check out the information below, or view all of the learning styles.

Visual
If you are a visual learner, you learn by reading or seeing pictures. You understand and remember things by sight. You can picture what you are learning in your head, and you learn best by using methods that are primarily visual. You like to see what you are learning.

As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean. You often close your eyes to visualize or remember something, and you will find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.

Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:

• Sit near the front of the classroom. (It won't mean you're the teacher's pet!)
  • Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.
  • Use flashcards to learn new words.
  • Try to visualize things that you hear or things that are read to you.
  • Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.
  • Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.
  • Color code things.
  • Avoid distractions during study times.
Remember that you need to see things, not just hear things, to learn well.

On the other hand, this explains why I found learning to read music in my classical guitar course in college many years ago really easy, but I've struggled over the last 20 years to develop an ear to just learn songs by listening to them.
NO, don't do that!
Just look at the guitar more:sneaky:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I kind of chuckled at my results. I've had a couple of these tests over the years (the company I worked for a while back was a big fan of these and those personality tests). I've always shown up as a Visually Tactile learner with Auditory barely breaking into the top 3. But on this test, some of the questions really skewed things for the Auditory team.

"You won a contest, so which do you choose? A ball, a music cd, or a poster." The music cd every single time because I dig music. If it was an audio book or something not musically related, it wouldn't be the cd. "You go out with friends, where do you go? A movie, a concert, or whatever the third option was." The concert because we all dig music, and most concerts you can go be loud and have a good time while you're there. They kick you out of movies for that kind of thing.

There were 4 or 5 questions like this, that specified music as the auditory option, that I thought were not that objective and would lead to a higher auditory score. I think a LOT of us are going to lean towards the auditory style according to this test. Not because we actually lean that way, but because we're all musicians, wannabe musicians, or, at the very least, more musically aspirated than your average person (since we're out to make music in some way instead of just listen to it).

Makes sense, I was kinda thinking the same thing.
However, if you take that to the next logical conclusion, maybe we all took up music because we are more auditory then others.
So, it all starts to make sense to me.

I can tell you, that I was surprised I was leaning more to auditory then visual.
As read the follow up recommendations, much of that rang true for me.
When I attend any sort of class/seminar I always sit up close so I can hear better and of course see.
Lately I've noticed I talk myself through tasks as I do them.

Example: When rewiring the pedal board or my complex studio cabling system , I have ascendancy tell myself what goes where as I dissemble and reassemble it. And If I draw out a diagram I'm usually describing it as I go.:rolleyes:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
well, mine

• Auditory: 50%
  • Visual: 25%

I am wondering how much of this is a product of our experiences, the nature vs nurture type of thing. I was always into music ( I was the weird kid banging my head to KISS)......so, that would lead to auditory

In the military, I was one of those guys who would be half buried in the bushes with a guilla suit looking down a scope seeing if anything changed, so that would lead to visual ( I had someone else listening to anything coming up behind)

now, later in life, with my vision going and everything, I have a harder time reading and suffer from cant remember shit (CRS)...............so visual learning doesnt work as well

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier

I'm a little surprised my Tactile was only 15%, because once I've studied something if I don't get my hands on it I don't retain it