Wireless systems

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
oh yeah, and never going back..............being as I dont play professionally, I purchased accordingly.

My issue, I have a hard time playing sitting down, so I usually stand and walk around, and end up stepping on my cord.

I originally bought the xvive as it was all the rage
I noticed that when the transmitter and receiver got close, I picked up static
I also noticed drop out after 15 feet

I switched to the line 6 ........somewhere on here I have a long review of it....found it

https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/line-6-g10-vs-xvive.25372/

but I love my wireless

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
Yeah, even though I only play in my own house with nobody listening but me, I had too many wires to get tangled up in (headphones, connection of laptop to amp, guitar cable) so I ditched the guitar cable and went to a Line 6 G10. I am very happy that I did.

Wineguy

Blues Newbie
I have the Boss Katana Air. Great little amp for home and also runs on battery power. I used it at a party down by the lake and the wireless worked great.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
The day I was practicing and tried to reach the ceiling fan switch but the guitar cable wouldn't reach was when I decided I needed wireless. I was about to pull the trigger on the new Carvin wireless system when I realized that the Rifftone is a re-branded version of the same thing at a lower price. So far, it has worked flawlessly both at home and at several jams. https://www.amazon.com/Rifftone-5-8...words=rifftone+wireless&qid=1570196621&sr=8-1

@MikeR pointed out that there is an even cheaper version available as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Portabl...eceiver-For-Electric-Guitar-Bass/264341358320

I not only can reach the ceiling fan switch now, I have a lot less cable to trip over in the room.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I have 2 units... Xvive and the Rifftone... both have worked really well for me. I love it!. It feels great to not trip over [or roll my chair over] cables. For me the less cables the better. I urge you to go for it...

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I bought this one back in June https://www.ammoon.com/p-i4092.html since then I've done about three dozen gigs without a hitch, seems to last for over three hours before recharging, I've been well pleased with them. Cost me about £50 Range is good, I was down towards the end of my garden before starting to drop out so about 60 feet I guess

Likewise. Best price/performance I've found: http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/for...-cheap-but-good-wireless-guitar-system.27407/

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
Hello - Looks very interesting - I can almost afford it

however a couple of questions on the ammoon wireless

Will this work with a pedal board - meaning - current setup - guitar into input on pedal board, pedal board cable out to amp - so do you put the transmitter into the input of the pedal board , one in the guitar and cable from board output into amp?

how about syncing when switching guitars - say playing a strat - muting the amp, and playing another guitar by just switching out the trans miter from one guitar to the next, will it still be in sync

thanks

Peace

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Hello - Looks very interesting - I can almost afford it

however a couple of questions on the ammoon wireless

Will this work with a pedal board - meaning - current setup - guitar into input on pedal board, pedal board cable out to amp - so do you put the transmitter into the input of the pedal board , one in the guitar and cable from board output into amp?

how about syncing when switching guitars - say playing a strat - muting the amp, and playing another guitar by just switching out the trans miter from one guitar to the next, will it still be in sync

thanks

Peace

You use it just like a cable except that it matters which end goes where. I use mine with a pedal board, so Transmitter goes into the guitar, and the Receiver goes into the first pedal (usually a tuner) and then it is all cables after that.

Both units have a little power switch on the side. If they are near each other when you turn them on, a couple of seconds later, they are synced and working. You can then move the transmitter around between guitars like you would a cable. You actually don’t have to mute the amp because you won’t have the open cable hum, but you may still want to if the plug in and unplug clicks bother you. I just use the tuner pedal to mute if I care.

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
You use it just like a cable except that it matters which end goes where. I use mine with a pedal board, so Transmitter goes into the guitar, and the Receiver goes into the first pedal (usually a tuner) and then it is all cables after that.

Both units have a little power switch on the side. If they are near each other when you turn them on, a couple of seconds later, they are synced and working. You can then move the transmitter around between guitars like you would a cable. You actually don’t have to mute the amp because you won’t have the open cable hum, but you may still want to if the plug in and unplug clicks bother you. I just use the tuner pedal to mute if I care.

Hello - thanks for answering my questions

sounds good -

Peace

aleclee

Tribe of One
I have three, all from Line 6:
  • G10
    Pros: Relatively inexpensive, sits well on desktop, rechargeable transmitter
    Cons: Limited range (fine for home use),USB power input (no 9V)
  • G10S
    Pros: Selectable channels, 9V & USB power, small form factor
    Cons: rechargeable transmitter needs base to be powered for charging
  • G50
    Pros: Great range
    Cons: transmitter uses AAs, receiver takes up a lot of pedalboard space
The G10 is used for practice and for charging the transmitter for the G10S (transmitters can be swapped between the two). The G10S sits on my small pedalboard and the G50 is currently on the bench but it was my go-to when I ran a larger pedalboard.

I got the G10S instead of the similar but less expensive Boss WL-50 because I'd have a spare transmitter from the G10. One feature I really like about the Boss unit is that you can plug a cable into it, bypassing the wireless. That's great when it's on a board and you're in a situation where you can't use the wireless (e.g., dead battery or interference).

Then there are the plug receivers like the X-Vive. I'm less a fan of that style because I prefer to run my receiver off a power supply rather than internal battery. That way, the receiver is never dead.

My $0.02, IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Do any of you use wireless guitar systems? Any insight?
I have a Brace Technologies wireless that I used in a band from 2009-2013. It is digital and the company was ahead of its time (all the other manufacturers were still using analog wireless at that time) so it went bankrupt. I dropped it on the floor one too many times and replaced it with a Line 6 G10. Now, I think, they are all digital.

Wireless is so convenient it's really a no-brainer. For home use the cheap ones are fine.

Eric

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
With any of my wireless systems, the transmitter (which uses more power) dies long before the receiver does.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I was given a Boss WL-50 as a birthday gift last year. This one is designed for use with a pedalboard. I've used it almost exclusively for a year now with no issues at all.