A fun build

Slofinger

Blues Junior
My favorite part of guitar building is making sawdust. I always finish that part too quickly, and then I’m back to applying finish which I struggle at. So to make the build last longer I bought a 5’ piece of 1x12mahogany from Home Depot for $38 and cut it into strips. Glued enough together for a through neck, and then glued together pieces to make the wings. Then I chambered it with a series of holes. Then I recessed the shape to put in a swirled piece of .080 aluminum. Until I knew it would all work I bought a $32 set of P90 pups. I don’t think I’m going to change them. They sound that good in this. All the other parts I went middle of the road prices. The guitar weighs7#’s. The only thing I don’t like about it is the sunburst lost a lot of color when I clear coated it with lacquer.1460D181-CDDE-4C14-9FBA-742C49067244.jpeg F00B34DB-4B57-4D87-987B-5F35A8423160.jpeg

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
That's a pretty impressive build from scratch Slofinger. Well done.(y)(y) Are we going to hear it in the Virtual Jam Room?:)

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Wow! That's amazing work! So, you made the neck as part of the whole build as well?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Wow, I am seriously impressed! I think that burst finish over aluminum looks great.

Slofinger

Blues Junior
HD has mahogany? I need to see if mine does.

Awesome job as always.

Who makes the P90s?
Guitar Madness on eBay. My hearing is not that fine, but compared to some higher end P90’s I’ve used, I can’t tell a difference.
Also, thanks to everybody for all the kind words.