Did it again

ronico

rainyislandblues
Was down the street at my local L&M picking up some new strings for my 12er after getting inspired by the twelve string twaddle thread (started, I believe by one of our master enablers) and spotted a used Fender Player tele (Tidepool colour with the HBs) and could NOT stay away from. Even after I asked the staff to keep me out of that area of the store, which they tried, then laughed at me when I got hold of it and headed to the cash desk! I AM SO WEAK!:notworthy: Will post pics later as it takes me forever (being as digitally challenged as I am). Anyway going back to playing with it now!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Can't wait for the photos nor to congratulate you on your find.
Enablers need love too! ;)
Two HBs or one?

ronico

rainyislandblues
Two. They actually sound pretty good! Has a coil split on the tone knob so you can actually get a pretty wide range of tones as well which is cool. Changed the crappy string tree to a graphtech black tusk i had laying around. Musing about a 4 way switch but have to order one. Also put some EB super slinkies on. Haven't been able to leave it alone. Oh and thanks!

RussellC

Blues Newbie
LOL...I hate when the GAS kicks in while trying to be good. However, it sounds like you found a really nice new axe.

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
Oh Ronico....I share your weakness, although it was not at the hands of Long & McQuaid, but rather surfing Reverb.

ronico

rainyislandblues
Grateful -Ed; Yeah me too. Like a moth to the flame!:cry: SHarpo; I am safe (I hope ) from Reverb cuz of my NEED to touch before I spend. No immunity though from local CL or USEDXX or pawn shops. Maybe there's a vaccine for GAS? OG Blues; Yeah what's with the "tude from@ JPsuff dude!? Sorry JP :( I'm still figuring out how to pay "til the end of this round!