Electric Guitars I think I did a thing....

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
So, while at the BBQ bash at my music store, I had ample opportunity to poke around the wares between performances, and a 20% off everything in the store sweetener on the experience.

Quick bit of backstory: when I got the Acoustasonic Tele one of the things I traded in was a MiM Tele in all black I'd modded by reversing the control plate and adding a 4-way selector. I've regretted doing so ever since.

Well, there on the wall was a used all-black MiM Tele, already marked down once before the 20%. I looked closer: reversed control plate and 4-way selector.

Folks, I think I found the exact one I traded in. They let me take it home today to try out at my leisure and, if I like it, we'll settle up on Monday. First thing I'm going to do is pop off the control plate and look for my routing job to verify it's the same one.

Might be good karma paying a visit. :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Ha,
Sounds more like a loaner program then a sale.
I'd suggest you approach them with the "Guitar Of The Month Club".
Just keep rotating and some day, you'll say, That's the One.:sneaky:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Well, no need to pop the cover: the serial number matches my receipt from almost exactly a year ago. I traded it in this past February. Don’t know what it’s been doing all these months but it still looks brand new. I guess maybe it was waiting for me to realize my mistake and reclaim it. :Beer:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well, no need to pop the cover: the serial number matches my receipt from almost exactly a year ago. I traded it in this past February. Don’t know what it’s been doing all these months but it still looks brand new. I guess maybe it was waiting for me to realize my mistake and reclaim it. :Beer:
And at 20 percent off! Bonus!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice. I won't say never, but I highly doubt I'll ever get rid of my Telecaster.
Me too, but I do have one I would like to put in my firepit. It's a build that I did many years ago with a Guitar Fetish body and a rescued Fender neck. The body wood is pawlonia (or however it's spelled) and it feels like balsa wood and is extremely soft. I've never been able to make it play like any of my other Telecasters and I don't think I've ever played it more than two or three minutes at a time. I won't sell it because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

One of these days, I'll strip all the good parts off (everything except the body is Fender) and burn it.

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
The body wood is pawlonia (or however it's spelled) and it feels like balsa wood and is extremely soft. I've never been able to make it play like any of my other Telecasters and I don't think I've ever played it more than two or three minutes at a time. I won't sell it because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

One of these days, I'll strip all the good parts off (everything except the body is Fender) and burn it.

I have one of those GFS paulownia Tele bodies too. Looks nice, but so soft and never sounded good. I stripped it down years ago and it's sitting in a box somewhere

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues

So, you getting a bigger guitar rack, or does another axe have to go? :confused: