Fun little "mini gig" next month

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Out of the blue one of the owners of our local music shop emailed to ask if I'd like to play at their "End of Summer" BBQ bash next month. They're booking 45-minute slots of "family friendly" music to cover the event.

Given they have direct access to a rich and varied selection of local musicians I was quite surprised and flattered to be invited. Nothing like being a regular face in the shop to get on their radar! I reckon I'll bring the Fender Acoustasonic they were so helpful in getting into my paws when the waiting list was long. :Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Well, it's in the books. Had a blast! It was unseasonably hot, with the sun a real force, but didn't dampen the fun factor for me.

First set was a rock band of all kids. They were crazy good! They opened with Detroit Rock City by KISS. Wow. Their parents probably weren't old enough to see KISS in concert when that was released, if they'd even been born yet! The young man fronting the group tore the place down doing Welcome to the Jungle, too.

When I was that age I was welding chopper forks on my Spyder bicycle. Yeesh.

Here's a shot one of the store staff took of the crowd; that's me sitting down on the left (wearing the hat).

big apple bbq crowd.jpg

And this one they took of me during my own set:

big apple bbq me playing.jpg

Of course, being a music store, there was no shortage of gear on hand for the sound guy to play with.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
You done good Mark....congrats. Playing in New York should be a breeze!
I wonder if police tape would help corral the BGU crowd?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Man that kid band runs the gambit on fashion!
You ain't kidding with that one. You've got

Gothy McScowl on bass.
Pinky "Nickelsack" McShorts on electric guitar
Normy McVox on lead vocals and guitar
Hipster McFly on acoustic guitar
Shades "Wristband" McSmacker on drums
and last but not least, Frowny McStressed serving as band manager/roadie in the back

Looks like a good time was had by all. (y)