Tracking Progress

Kalamazoo 145 Blues

Kalamazoo, mi
Hello everyone. I'm Scott, new here. I just started BGU 2.0 and was wondering if there is a way to check off lessons as I do them so I know where I left off?

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
There is a practice tool, although I readily admit that I didn't really grasp it's operation. So I just built a spreadsheet with a tab for each course, and then divided each lesson into 5 bite sized tasks (roughly 20%, each) and I just tick them off. Sometimes 20% isn't achieved in a week or more. Sometimes an entire lesson or three are completed in one sitting based on my previous experience. And because I'm a bit of a spreadsheet geek, there are formulas to show lesson progress, as well as overall course progress and a summary page to look at all the courses that I've completed, am currently pursuing and planning on working in the future.

LeftyJohn

West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK
I've gone for paper and pencil and usually a recording on SoundCloud and now YouTube for feedback and constructive criticism.

dwparker

Bluesologist
Honest question, you're reviewing past lessons, right? Even with the lessons I get down, I am still going back and playing them in a different key, different bpm, different feel, trying out different chord substitutions, etc. So I can honestly say I have yet to check off any lessons really.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I keep a Word document that lists all my courses alphabetically and the dates that I complete each section of each course. I periodically go back to review courses and add the review date after the completion date. This really helps me track my progress.