RIP Ric Ocasik

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I decided to do a little down-n-dirty acoustic tribute of their song "Drive".
I did a recording of Drive back in 2012 when I was learning finger style guitar. I added some midi drums and keyboards too. It's based on a version the Deftones recorded.

I don't want to take away from your heartfelt tribute Mike. I've always liked the Cars and Elliott Easton was one of my favorite guitar players of all time.

DRIVE

Last edited:

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Very nice Mike. Same for Eric. I'm not that familiar with The Cars.

There first album (self titled) was awesome. The 2nd album was really great. There 3rd album had some good songs but was kind of bizarre. They took some time off, came back and made their most commercially successful music which was good but to me, not as good as their original music. If you google them I bet you have actually heard a lot of their music. Another icon is gone!:cry:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
I seem to recall this song was one of the highlights of the Live Aid TV coverage. That was some years ago. Nice tribute guys, I can tell you really meant it.

Jack

Blues Junior
I've always been a big Cars fan. Their music was just different - different in a very good way. Stylish and cool, and just from "somewhere else" if that makes any sense. Loved their first two albums and there were some great songs on the third one as well. Kind of lost track of them after that.

And who could ever forget that Candy-O album cover :)