New Fender Tone Master Deluxe/Twin

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
I only use a Fender Super Champ X2 for practice. I don’t gig yet but I have a long time friend player I play with. When I have him over to jam/whatever, the X2 has only one input. In hopes of gigging one day and to have another amp for with my playing friend, I’ve been flipping between the Fender PRRI and the DRRI. I’m concerned about weight to carry, lift, transport. Someone suggested the new Fender Tone Master amps - Twin and Deluxe. Much lower weights. Thoughts?

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
There is no smallish portable amp in the Fender range that sounds better (IMHO) than a Princeton RRI loaded with an Eminence Canabis-Rex.

The Princeton would be my choice by far amongst that list, and they are not that heavy and plenty loud for small gigs and can be mic’ed for your largest outdoor stadium shows.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I only use a Fender Super Champ X2 for practice. I don’t gig yet but I have a long time friend player I play with. When I have him over to jam/whatever, the X2 has only one input. In hopes of gigging one day and to have another amp for with my playing friend, I’ve been flipping between the Fender PRRI and the DRRI. I’m concerned about weight to carry, lift, transport. Someone suggested the new Fender Tone Master amps - Twin and Deluxe. Much lower weights. Thoughts?
The reviews I've seen for the Tone Masters seem to indicate they pretty much nailed the sound of their tube type predecessors.
As for which one... I would go for the Tone Master Deluxe. The Twin can (and probably will) blow your Super Champ away and is much more practical for gigging these days. Then again, what do I know? I don't gig!

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
The reviews I've seen for the Tone Masters seem to indicate they pretty much nailed the sound of their tube type predecessors.
As for which one... I would go for the Tone Master Deluxe. The Twin can (and probably will) blow your Super Champ away and is much more practical for gigging these days. Then again, what do I know? I don't gig!
The info is really compelling, especially for an old tube guy. But I’m not gigging yet either but I have a friend who I’ve played with since way way back. He’s only acoustic and this X2 only has one input so I was thinking to get another ‘last amp buy ever’ amp so we could both go electric. And also enough so if I do gig inside/outside I’ll be covered forever. I know you can mic them so there’s that. But I’m really intrigued with the power/speaker output combined with the attenuator switch. It’s really got my attention.