Electric Guitars Fender Telecaster noisey pickups

Rebel G

Blues Newbie
I have a Fender Telecaster that I'm thinking about replacing the pickup coils with Fender 4th gen noiseless coils. Has anyone used these pickup coils? Thanks

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Are you planning to replace the entire pickup or just the coils? I would strongly suggest replacing the entire pickup.

But, before you do that, have you looked for the source of the noise and tried other guitars, with and without humbuckers in the same spot?

I have some older LED lights that create a ton of noise that even my humbuckers pickup. Something like that won’t go away with a pickup swap. I have also seen guitars with bad grounding that made noise where other single coils did not.

Elwood

Blues
I play the tele they come in. I love 'em. (The S1 switch is a nice touch also.)

They sound nice to me, "noiseless" is like "unbreakable", Great concept. Iheartbacon is right on, frequently (excessive) noise is related to grounding issues.

Honestly, I have never seriously considered replacing the pickups in my MIM tele.

What do you hope to achieve by changing pickups? What is your question? I'd be glad to share if I have a better idea of what qualities you are looking to improve.

Oh yeah, with a bad, or no ground on your 110v AC, 4th gen p/u make noise just like the rest.

Rebel G

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the responses .I also have a Strat with noiseless pickups from the factory. No problem with noise. The Fender Gen 4's have good reviews on the store's(Sweetwater, Musicians Friend) website
Thanks Again

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I have the N3 noiseless in a couple Strat and also the N4 noiseless in another. I like them a bunch.