Katana 50 users

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Any of you familiar/use one of these----I read some revues on the "Beast"---but you know how that goes.
(get paid for what you say)---.
I got a used/ new one today for $150 off some kid on craigslist---let me know...

Elwood

Blues
Great price! I was looking at those when I got my new superchamp (my second choice). That Katana 50 sure looks good from what I saw, interested to see how you settle in with it. Looks to be very flexible and should be boringly reliable. It that is Arty's rig you can't go wrong, he gets nice sounds!

artyman

Fareham UK
They are a great amp and the Boss Tone Studio software enables you to program the channel presets. If the amp has the Version 2 software installed you get four effective channels CH1 and CH2 then press and hold the PANEL button which gives the two additional channels on the CH1 & CH2 buttons. I have mine set up to give me Tremelo, A Twelve String, Shadows sound using an external pedal, and Shadows using the inbuilt echo, this together with the setting on the Panel (whatever you have the dials set at) provides me with all I need for the gigs that we play.

Here's a couple of sample videos, I altered the sound using the inbuilt GE10 graphic equaliser at the end of the second video, and used my other strat as well

If you need any help just shout, not saying I'm an expert, but may give you a heads up on the way to go.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
If I can make it sound like that--I am all in----It does have the FS-6 pedal----as for reading the instructions--I havn't had a chance to open them yet---
This thing is as close to brand new as it gets, on a scale of 1 to 10-- I would give it a 10+--One BIG Plus is-- IT IS LIGHT--compared to what I have. I doubt it weighs as much as a case of water or beer. At the price I just could not say no---(yeah, like I need another amp):whistle::whistle::whistle:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
All I have got to do so far is plugging it in and making for sure it works. I did twist the dials they seem to be very responsive--meaning a little
twist goes a long way. I also ran through the amp simulator knob---I didn't care much for any of the distorted sounds---Clean and acoustic were the only 2 that did anything for me. I have never been a fan of distortion anyway-so nothing lost there. Some tremelo-delay-reverb are the only thing I would (probably) use. I will be putting a little time into it with in the next couple weeks--I think in the long run I will like it-right now it is set on the 25 watt power-being able to drop it down or turn it up sounds good, and being able to plug it into the computer is a plus, something I have never tried before. Thanks

Rad

Blues Newbie
I think they are one of the best bang for the buck amps. I had one for a short time but returned it because its software would not play nice with my computer.

The only other problem I had was a personal one, I spent more time chasing tones with the vast array of options than I did playing guitar. I discovered I was not a modeling amp type guy.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I have Katana 100 artist its similar but more expensive and somewhat more flexible.

Used with the roland footswitch it integrates very well.

Lots of videos on how to setup and use it!