PC help needed

artyman

Fareham UK
The Spam Folder in my Windows Live Mail 2012 has vanished, I also sent an email last night and that isn't showing in the Sent Folder, open to suggestions

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I don't use Windows Live Mail but out of curiosity I googled "Live Mail Spam folder vanished" and it seems to have happened to a gagillion people. And not just the spam folder, the inbox too.

Most of the answers on the first page google returned were snarky comments but this one seemed helpful.

https://appuals.com/recover-missing-or-lost-folders-in-windows-live-mail/

I have no idea if it will work, something about compact folders and a green plus icon, since I don't use the program I'm not sure what the directions are doing.

There were also comments in some of the other pages about using IMAP protocol rather than POP protocol. If you aren't using IMAP you might want to check that out (IMAP leaves the mail on the server and you are essentially browsing it from the server, POP downloads it to your PC and you're viewing a local copy).

Good luck. Microsoft is always an adventure.

Eric

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I don't use Windows Live Mail but out of curiosity I googled "Live Mail Spam folder vanished" and it seems to have happened to a gagillion people. And not just the spam folder, the inbox too.

Most of the answers on the first page google returned were snarky comments but this one seemed helpful.

https://appuals.com/recover-missing-or-lost-folders-in-windows-live-mail/

I have no idea if it will work, something about compact folders and a green plus icon, since I don't use the program I'm not sure what the directions are doing.

There were also comments in some of the other pages about using IMAP protocol rather than POP protocol. If you aren't using IMAP you might want to check that out (IMAP leaves the mail on the server and you are essentially browsing it from the server, POP downloads it to your PC and you're viewing a local copy).

Good luck. Microsoft is always an adventure.

Eric

I don't use Windows Mail but my brother in law does and he ran into this problem a couple years ago and asked for my help. As I recall, the Compact View solution described in Jalapenos link was how i recovered access to the folders. I would give that a try first

Elwood

Blues
and after you catch that lil guy maybe you can fix your PC too.

Sorry Arty, couldn't resist...:Beer: