Fifty Thousand Smackers... For this!?!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Those are just Telecasters...a slab of wood with a next screwed on. Heck, I got a yellow one of those sitting on a stand in there, but it doesn't have the fancy paint job or the mirrors on it. Also doesn't have...what do they call it...the same pedigree. I'll take that into consideration, knock 20% off right now, and offer it up for $40,000. Aw what am I saying, you're all my BGU buddies, so I'll knock another 20% off. So a full 40% off a Telecaster for my BGU pals...$30,000. And I'll even hand deliver it to you this weekend. Let me know if anybody wants pics of said beauty, and I'll even send you those to help you decide. Of course they'll be $10 a piece.

50 grand for a Tele!! Unless Mr Page played those exact ones during his LZ days, I'm sticking with it's just a slab of wood with a neck screwed on.

ymmv

sloslunas

NM Blues
Those are just Telecasters...a slab of wood with a next screwed on. Heck, I got a yellow one of those sitting on a stand in there, but it doesn't have the fancy paint job or the mirrors on it. Also doesn't have...what do they call it...the same pedigree. I'll take that into consideration, knock 20% off right now, and offer it up for $40,000. Aw what am I saying, you're all my BGU buddies, so I'll knock another 20% off. So a full 40% off a Telecaster for my BGU pals...$30,000. And I'll even hand deliver it to you this weekend. Let me know if anybody wants pics of said beauty, and I'll even send you those to help you decide. Of course they'll be $10 a piece.

50 grand for a Tele!! Unless Mr Page played those exact ones during his LZ days, I'm sticking with it's just a slab of wood with a neck screwed on.

ymmv
Snarf- Yours sounds like a real bargain! Does it come with a hard-shell case??

Steve

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
The official Jimmy Page Tribute dragon Tele retails for $1.4k. No idea who these people are nor why they think the same guitar is worth $50k. Yikes. :confused:

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
The official Jimmy Page Tribute dragon Tele retails for $1.4k. No idea who these people are nor why they think the same guitar is worth $50k. Yikes. :confused:

Fender Custom Shop turns out $50,000 master built guitars because people buy them and because they tend to get a lot of press and free Internet publicity. It is a win win for Fender.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Fender Custom Shop turns out $50,000 master built guitars because people buy them and because they tend to get a lot of press and free Internet publicity. It is a win win for Fender.

Ah. Skimmed one of the ads, the Fender Custom Shop part didn't sink in. I assumed these Wild West folks were behind them, not just reselling.