Hey y'all

GladeKirkham

Blues Newbie
-or should I say "all-ya'll"?
My name is Glade and I am just an old guy trying to learn Blues Guitar.
Kind of a bucket list thing. I learned some chords and strumming in Jr. High & High School, but never took it very seriously.

I have been re-learning and practicing for about a year now, and have just started Griff's Acoustic course. Thanks in advance for the help, encouragement, and advice.

Glade

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
You're among a significant number of old guys trying to learn before the reaper comes calling. I bought a guitar when I was in high school because a couple of friends convinced me that we were going to do the garage-band thing (it was the 60's.) I futzed around with it a little, but had no real idea what I was doing. When I realized that the other two weren't making any movement toward getting an instrument, I put the guitar in a closet. One of my younger brothers sold it while I was in the Army (he vehemently denies it to this day, but I have a reliable witness. :p)

I bought the guitar in my avatar picture on the left three years ago at age 67. I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I've stuck with it for these three years. I like to think that I've achieved garage-band rhythm player ability!

Anyway, all that was to let you know that there are others like you on here. Welcome!

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Welcome Glade. All of Griff's Unleashed courses are fantastic. You started with a good one.