A little problem with ABGU

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
A little problem with ABGU

I got this course a little while ago as a digital option as I have with other courses.

I’m just starting into the course and having fun trying to get my stiff little old fingers to work properly.

I generally down load the course’s to my HDD in MP4 and then on to disk without a problem. however this time I find that most of the lessons go out of sync (most annoying)
I don’t usually have a problem with MP4, I’m running Win10 saving as WMV solves the problem though.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I haven't heard about that happening on Windows computers... only Macs... but I'm sure anything is possible.

It has to do with the video stream playing at a slightly different rate than the audio stream, it's a software thing, not the video file itself.

It only happens on rare occasion, but when it does it's really frustrating and we've yet to be able to figure it out (and there are a lot of people here on the forum much smarter than I when it comes to this sort of thing.)

The workaround is to use a player called VLC (or similar) which can be downloaded for free from http://videolan.org. It allows you to adjust the audio in relation to the video upon playback and you can line it up wherever you want it.

There may be other players that will allow that, but that's the one I use all the time anyway (I've never had this issue and never been able to reproduce it) because it's free and works really well on anything.

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
Thanks Griff, I tried VLC but with little change, however as I said in my post I have overcome the problem by dload the WMV file for the problem MP4s.
I posted as a heads up for anyone else who may be having the same problems not as a dig.
Thanks again Great course.