so, watching the blues brothers and .......

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
watching the blues brothers with one of the kids, she is 29, I grab the tele and start playing along to the songs in the movie,

Near the end she turns to me and says

"Where did you learn so many songs ? "

I dont have the heart or desire to tell her how 12 barre blues are structured and why if you know the key you know 100 songs

besides, it would ruin my street cred

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Keep your street cred, It has a tendency to fade away with kids pretty quickly.
(y)

Blues Brothers is always on my list of favorite movies for several reasons:

1. It's filmed in and around Chicago, my home town, so much of it just rings true to me.
The scene where the cop cars are flying into the air flipping over off the highway...........
I happened to be caught up in the traffic jam that was created when they closed the road.

2. Love the music, when I was 16ish Motown was my music and I loved James Brown.
Believe it or not, I used to do all his dance moves :rolleyes:

3. I think I've told this story before but, I had a very tiny part in the production.
In the scene where they drive through the mall and crash into the stores, I delivered the signage hanging up in the store:ROFLMAO:
I always watch for that scene, It brings back memories.
I was asked to deliver this stuff to a film set.
I thought OH BOY...Cool!.
I get to this address and it looks like a giant body shop ( they where working on all the cop cars) I had no idea what the movie was or how they would use the stuff I delivered.
I couldn't wait to see it when it came out and when I found out what it was...I was proud of my big part.
The only person involved in the movie that I came in contact with was the prop manager but, I still have that connection.:)

Now you can tell your daughter you know somebody who was there.:Beer:

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Keep your street cred, It has a tendency to fade away with kids pretty quickly.
(y)

Blues Brothers is always on my list of favorite movies for several reasons:

1. It's filmed in and around Chicago, my home town, so much of it just rings true to me.
The scene where the cop cars are flying into the air flipping over off the highway...........
I happened to be caught up in the traffic jam that was created when they closed the road.

2. Love the music, when I was 16ish Motown was my music and I loved James Brown.
Believe it or not, I used to do all his dance moves :rolleyes:

3. I think I've told this story before but, I had a very tiny part in the production.
In the scene where they drive through the mall and crash into the stores, I delivered the signage hanging up in the store:ROFLMAO:
I always watch for that scene, It brings back memories.
I was asked to deliver this stuff to a film set.
I thought OH BOY...Cool!.
I get to this address and it looks like a giant body shop ( they where working on all the cop cars) I had no idea what the movie was or how they would use the stuff I delivered.
I couldn't wait to see it when it came out and when I found out what it was...I was proud of my big part.
The only person involved in the movie that I came in contact with was the prop manager but, I still have that connection.:)

Now you can tell your daughter you know somebody who was there.:Beer:

Captain, your brush with movie greatness is decidedly higher class than mine, but my big claim to fame was in the 1976 movie called "The Pom Pom Girls", which was every bit as raunchy as one might think. It was largely filmed on location at my Catholic high school where the administration had been somehow led to believe it was a family film about football.

My big part was impromptu when I pushed Robert Carradine into a mud pit. Anyone who cares to look it up on YouTube can spot me a few times starting at about 26:10 around 3rd from the end on the right side of the rope (it's a tug of war) wearing a blue gym shirt and an early attempt at an afro (it was 1975). At some point my friends and I decided to stop pulling and start pushing the actors in front of us. https://youtu.be/8K-XJPYop0s?t=1570

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Captain, your brush with movie greatness is decidedly higher class than mine, but my big claim to fame was in the 1976 movie called "The Pom Pom Girls", which was every bit as raunchy as one might think. It was largely filmed on location at my catholic high school where the administration had been somehow led to believe it was a family film about football.

My big part was impromptu when I pushed Robert Carradine into a mud pit. Anyone who cares to look it up on YouTube can spot me a few times starting at about 26:10 around 3rd from the end on the right side of the rope (it's a tug of war) wearing a blue gym shirt and an early attempt at an afro (it was 1975). At some point my friends and I decided to stop pulling and start pushing the actors in front of us. https://youtu.be/8K-XJPYop0s?t=1570
HA! Love the Catholic high school story.:LOL:
Wonder why I never saw this movie before, some serious touchy/feely going on there.
I always wondered where the concept of mud wrestling came from.............You Invented It(y)
Very cool memories, I bet. You're a movie star, who knew;)
When I saw the red/orange 55 chevy, It brought back memories, I had a green one all set up fro drag racing:cool:
I was glad to see it didn't go off the cliff at the end:)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
HA! Love the Catholic high school story.:LOL:
Wonder why I never saw this movie before, some serious touchy/feely going on there.
I always wondered where the concept of mud wrestling came from.............You Invented It(y)
Very cool memories, I bet. You're a movie star, who knew;)
When I saw the red/orange 55 chevy, It brought back memories, I had a green one all set up fro drag racing:cool:
I was glad to see it didn't go off the cliff at the end:)

Wait, you actually watched the movie? That increases the total audience (not counting my high school classmates) to about 5. Yeah, there's some serious raunchiness going on there! I remember sitting in an English class watching out the window as they filmed the exterior of the van being rocked by two guys on the opposite side and thinking to myself, "I don't think this movie has much to do with football".

Last edited:

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Captain, your brush with movie greatness is decidedly higher class than mine, but my big claim to fame was in the 1976 movie called "The Pom Pom Girls", which was every bit as raunchy as one might think. It was largely filmed on location at my Catholic high school where the administration had been somehow led to believe it was a family film about football.

Elio, I didn't know I had been in the presence of such esteemed company these past few years. You clearly have acting potential!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
So you are a movie star and refuse to come to NY to play harp for our group?? We need you brother...

Steve

Well, I hate to say it but I quit the business after losing out on the Oscar that year :sick:. In all seriousness, I really wish I could come out and play with you guys but I've got classes in full swing that I can't easily pawn off on anyone.