Dorian

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Badass Hurricane. Be safe, all who are in it's path. Hopefully, we'll be lucky and it"ll track north before it hits the Southeast coast too hard but we'll see. My wife and I have done our prep and we hope to stay but we're ready to evac if necessary. Our Forum includes many Blues Brothers and Sisters who are potentially affected so please send your positive Karma their way.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Stay safe buddy. Glad you're packed and ready to go.

Most of the SC coast is already facing mandatory evacuation 12 noon tomorrow.

Carlos told me after riding out last year "Never again"

We got 34 inches of rain in 3 days last year but we just got stuck in the house with no where to go for 3 days. Currently downloading internet guitar lessons, to give me something to do.

https://www.thestate.com/news/weather-news/article234624297.html

Last edited:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Steve- I urge you to get the hell out of dodge while you can. If you wait until the last few minutes, the roads will be impassable and at a complete standstill. Carlos, who is a veteran of many of these storms (who never evacuates!) decided to ride another one out at home in NC during the last one. He made it very clear that when the next one hits, if they give an evacuation order, that he will be the very first one out the door. I hope that you do the same my friend...

Steve

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Hope it moves away from the coast. Stay safe Steve, Carlos and anyone else along the coast from Florida to NC.

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Update...we evacuated yesterday after the order came in and we're now with my sister in Charlotte. I was expecting bumper to bumper traffic all through South Carolina but the traffic was the lightest of any I've experienced in all of the times we've visited my sister. I think it was much worse today so I'm glad we got out when we did. Now it's just a matter of waiting it out, keeping our fingers crossed for minimal damage & praying for those who decided to stay. It's expected to pass St. Simons Island tomorrow.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

The reports of the passing of the fuzzy pink strap are premature.
SteveGAndMe.jpg