Electric Guitars Schecter Solo II Custom

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I have a Schecter bass that I really like. The maple cap's they used when I got mine was really just a veneer, though, not a real cap. It looks great and sounds really good and plays well. If I was in the market I'd be looking at that one.

Eric

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
My first guitar after many years of not playing was a 2004 Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite. I bought it in a pawn shop for $200. Still love to play it!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Yeah I always considered Schecter heavy metal or shredding guitars, until I picked up a CRS Elite something-or-other.
When you look at the fit, the finish and overall quality it's hard to believe these guitars are available at such a price point.

If I were in the market for an LP type guitar I definitely be looking at this model.

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I always considered Schecter heavy metal or shredding guitars

Kevin, I dug deep into the archives to find a something you can hear.

Here is a video from my old band playing a "pop/rock" song with a Schechter Solo II. I tried to find a video where we were both playing Schecters at the same time but apparently the only gig where we did that we had "technical difficulties" with the video camera (dead batteries :rolleyes:).

Ignore the odd guy with the funny hat and the bowling shirt on stage left. He obviously doesn't know what he's doing.... I mean his guitar only has four strings on it.

I had to export this to mp4 so hopefully the sound survives between that and the YouTube processing. I think the Solo II sounds pretty good in a non-metal setting, as you found out yourself.

This gig was kind of a let down. First, due to some pre-gig band drama, it was our last foray as a 3 piece before we kicked the drummer up front to be the entertainment. Secondly, it was in a bowling alley bar with a first class dance floor and we played to about 8 people. We were hired to be the end of bowling season party entertainment and the whole league went home after bowling. Nobody but the bar manager stayed to hear us. They left the whole party banquet sitting on tables and just went home. Very odd.

Eric