Guitar Tricks

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Has anyone used guitartricks.com as a secondary learning source to the Blues Guitar Unleashed courses? I happen to come across the website and it looked interesting. I think it is subscription based but I couldn’t find ant cost information.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
they hve some cool stuff, but I focus on BGU and scrounge youtube for esoteric stuff on my free for all practice days

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
There's lots of free lessons. You can open an account for free and check out the free stuff and decide whether or not you want to pay. They have a lot of good beginner lessons, blues included if that's your interest. Costs nothing to try.
(your first hit is free) ;)

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
If it's the guy I am thinking of I remember him previously refereed to as "Claude the fraud". Whether that's justified, or is still relevant, I don't know. I just know many in the past used that expression, and wanted you to be aware.

I think there are a lot of places you can get free and paid lessons for.

Guitar Zoom, Guitar Mastery, Truefire, Texas Blues Alley are some of the ones I could recommend.

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
If it's the guy I am thinking of I remember him previously refereed to as "Claude the fraud". Whether that's justified, or is still relevant, I don't know. I just know many in the past used that expression, and wanted you to be aware.

Guitar Zoom, Guitar Mastery, Truefire, Texas Blues Alley are some of the ones I could recommend.
I remember that

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues

Not Claude the fraud. Many talented instructors on this site. Many free tutorials, especially at the beginner level and not terribly expensive if you want to join. New free lessons every week. Certainly worth a look.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
My apologies to Guitar Tricks then if they are not associated with Claude Johnson of Guitar Control.

I only see one issue on the BBB website re cancellations on Guitar Tricks and many people appear happy with them.

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Guitar tricks is ok I guess. Lots of instructors. Tons of lessons/songs, and cheap to boot. It was the first training site I joined. I have an annual subscription that I will be cancelling when it comes time to renew. I will be purchasing more of Griffs courses. This should give you an indication of which program I value more.

I think the cost is ballpark 15/month or 100 per year

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Guitar tricks is ok I guess. Lots of instructors. Tons of lessons/songs, and cheap to boot. It was the first training site I joined. I have an annual subscription that I will be cancelling when it comes time to renew. I will be purchasing more of Griffs courses. This should give you an indication of which program I value more.

I think the cost is ballpark 15/month or 100 per year

Amen to that. Having one guitar guru certainly offers consistency, and Griff is the best. Guitar Tricks and sites like it are great for picking up another "30 Beginer Blues Licks" or something like that, on the cheap.

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Amen to that. Having one guitar guru certainly offers consistency, and Griff is the best. Guitar Tricks and sites like it are great for picking up another "30 Beginer Blues Licks" or something like that, on the cheap.
Agree that Griff is the best (at least for me personally). His style and thought process really resonate for me.

When I started - guitar tricks was exactly what I needed. Learning the "basics" is pretty straight foreword, and guitar tricks provided that. However, by the time I discovered Griff I was in fact looking for more. I wasnt exactly sure exactly what more was...but when I found ABGU I realized that was exactly what more was. Guitar tricks provided me with the groundwork to feel good about skipping BBG and going right into ABGU, which I have absolutely devoured and loved (not quite finished...but closing in on completion). It actually turned me into a guitar player - which is what I want to be.