Amps Marshall DSL40CR

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Just those 3 parts. You have to be looking at the new version of the schematic. I never found it, but found the new version of the 100W version. It has the same circuit, just 2 additional power tubes to get to 100 watts.

It worked!! :)

The first time I took the amp to the tech, however, he only replaced the capacitor C139, and that didn't solve the problem. He hadn't been able to find 1meg resistors for sale to replace the faulty ones (R141 and R148). Apparently, those types of resistors can only be found in big cities here in Brazil. I later ordered them from a store in São Paulo, and as soon as they arrived I took them, along with the amp, back to the tech.

I've just gotten back from the tech and I'm glad to say that that crackling noise I was hearing before is finally gone!! There's still a very subtle humming noise when off of standby, but that's nothing compared to the noise it was making before, and you need to get really close to the amp to hear it. I guess this is just characteristic of this amp. Anyway, I think THE PROBLEM IS FINALLY FIXED!!

Thank you so much!!! (y)