New Jam in Allen Tx

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
As some of you know, Griff held a workshop this week here in Allen, tx. I arranged for us to jam at a local bar after the workshop. Well, the bar has agreed to let me host a weekly jam!
So if you are within driving distance of Allen, please come out to The Cajun Place ( 190 E Stacy Rd #1320, Allen, TX 75002)
and jam on Tuesday night. A full backline will be provided.
We will be playing 7-10 pm so it's not a late night.
Be sure to come early and have a meal with us.

I forgot to include a link to the FB event...
https://www.facebook.com/events/756972754720112/

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Last night I held my second (and last until the fall) jam at The Cajun Place in Allen.

It went over really well. everyone from the manager to the bartenders made it a point to come to me and tell me how good it sounded!
Even some of the players told me how, when they go to jams/open mics, they more often than not come away disappointed because of the awful sound and how they were over the moon about this jam!

Since summer is a VERY slow time for this place, the owner ( who I haven't met ) doesn't want to do any more jams for now, but it sounds like they may want us back in the fall. I may go back and pitch a lower price for the summer and see where that leads, so stay tuned... (See what I did there???)
Special thanks to George Aubry for making it out.

Thanks for setting up and communicating this jam Mike ! I plan to join one or more of the weeks this fall and look forward to playing with you and the other jammers.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Since the "House band " that I brought in enjoyed the place so much, they have okayed me to renegotiate the price to a lower point.
I communicated that to the manager and he spoke with the owner so I should have an answer on Monday.
We COULD start up again as early as 8/13!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Since the "House band " that I brought in enjoyed the place so much, they have okayed me to renegotiate the price to a lower point.
I communicated that to the manager and he spoke with the owner so I should have an answer on Monday.
We COULD start up again as early as 8/13!

Sorry to say the early start isn't happening. Still have my fingers crossed for the fall.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well, they have pushed the Blues Jam back another month, so the earliest it will be is Oct 8. They said the will know for sure mid September.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Thanks for the update, Mike! I was thinking today that I needed to get on FB to see if you had posted anything about it. I don't think I've been on there since we messaged about it several weeks ago.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Is my cousin-in-law Chris involved in this caper?

Well, If they hadn't told me that they decided not to move forward with it, I'm sure he would have been.
I haven't seen in in a while.

Reactions: EJG