New Amp

artyman

Fareham UK
I bought one six months ago, great amp, and lighter than my Fender Mustang III which was it's main attraction, I've set up some tones for what I do, and have been well pleased with it. Here's a link to a couple of videos early version of the echo I set up. Changed it subsequently at the end of the first video and in the second.

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Congrats! I was tempted a couple of years ago, but I really didn't need one. The amp was getting very good reviews. Enjoy!

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I am seriously considering the Katana 100 Head.
I got one of the 100w Katana heads right after they came out. I have enjoyed it a lot - one of the better and more versatile amps I have owned (there have been many over the years). If you are going to use it for live work, you will really want to also get the foot pedal. I don't have it, but don't need it.
One of the things I really like about it is the built in 5" speaker - it makes for a great practice amp and it sounds much better than one would expect. The 3 power settings (0.5w, 50w, 100w) are very practical, but I never need to use the 100w setting. For my external speaker, I use a 12" Cannabis Rex in a Fender speaker enclosure and it is a good match for the amp for blues IMO. I consider it a very good bargain among the many good amps that one has to choose from these days.

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
I had a coupon code for Fry's a few weeks ago and grabbed a Katana 100 combo. I liked the 100 over the 50 mainly because the 100 has an effects loop so I can also use it with my Helix.
Great sounding amp.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Just ordered a Boss Katana 50 amp. Should arrive this coming Tue. I am sure I will be asking questions on settings and everything else I don’t know about it, which is just about everything.

Congrats woo hoo!

I have 2 katanas the air for upstairs practice and katana 100 artist for band practice etc downstairs. My 100 artist has boss speaker upgrade built in but the 50 is no slouch.

The roland footswitch complements it and makes it easy to ditch pedals maybe completely.

Youtube has a bunch of great videos from boss on how to use panel settings / footswitch / etc. Watch them and watch them again ... try some stuff ... watch them again ha ha!

At .5 watt my 100 is extremely loud so ( i forget if 50 has power output switching built in ) have fun. At 50 watt setting its basically set to knock down walls and 100 its like Godzilla destroying Tokyo.

Bring some unsuspecting neighbors over and make them run for cover!

Peace out!

Tayport

Blues Newbie
I bought one six months ago, great amp, and lighter than my Fender Mustang III which was it's main attraction, I've set up some tones for what I do, and have been well pleased with it. Here's a link to a couple of videos early version of the echo I set up. Changed it subsequently at the end of the first video and in the second.

Great, and you definitely nailed the Shadows tone.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler

Great sound and nice playing Arty