Solo 5

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Getting bends to pitch is a lifetime exercise so we all keep working on that. Or we all should be :) .

That was not too bad at all. Played on a Strat? Sounds like pickup selector position 4 or 2 of a Strat.

The double stops are the hardest part of that solo, I found, when I was learning it. The muting of the high E string is not an easy thing to do.

Keep up the good work. Yes, and move on. Griff says get it 80% and move on the other 20% will come as your skill improves doing other things.

Eric

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Getting bends to pitch is a lifetime exercise so we all keep working on that. Or we all should be :) .

That was not too bad at all. Played on a Strat? Sounds like pickup selector position 4 or 2 of a Strat.

The double stops are the hardest part of that solo, I found, when I was learning it. The muting of the high E string is not an easy thing to do.

Keep up the good work. Yes, and move on. Griff says get it 80% and move on the other 20% will come as your skill improves doing other things.

Eric

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Yes, I played the lesson on a Strat, the pickup selector was in position 3, amp was a Mustang 3.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hi John. This is the first time I have visited this part of the forum. Firstly, well done on the solo's.(y) As Eric says, getting those bends to pitch is an ongoing work, so hang in there.

If I can make a suggestion, I would ease up a little (or a lot) on the reverb and delay. I listened to more of your work on SC just now and it can get quite 'muddy' for want of a better word. I think it may possibly be distracting when you are trying to hear the correct pitch, with your original note still echoing in the background. Just a thought, but why don't you try a totally clean tone on those solos again, and see if that helps. You can go back to the effects once you 'own' the solos.(y)