Amp Modeling

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Let's say you have a Blues Jr. amp. It's going to sound like a Blues Jr. right? If you stick an overdrive pedal of sorts it will sound like an overdriven amp right? So what if you stick an amp model in front of it from your multi effects board like a Marshall Plexi model. Do you consider that just another type of overdrive or distortion pedal as opposed to Hey my amp is now a "Marshall" ??

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
It has been my experience that amp models do not play well through tube amps, unless it is a clean amp. and some models will not sound good through some speakers.

They usually sound best through a neutral amp and cab, like a sold state or acoustic amp or PA.

Whenever I have used MEUs through tube amps I almost always shut the amp modeling off, and just use the effects, and always shut the cab sim off

YMMV.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I plug my KOTB (King of the Brits, hot-rodded Marshall) into my Twin Reverb and it works very well

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I see it as no different than my 11r into my tube amp, in some instances I will use the cab sims and amp modelers, other times just the "pedals"

all depends on what I want the sound to be

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
In my experience, running a modeler into the front of an amp with the cab sims or IR's enabled will give you a pretty thin tone. This is especially true on a higher gain sound.
To get the best sound in this kind of setup, turn off the cab sims, and plug the modeler into the effects return of the amp.