Electric Guitars Gear for sale.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
The LP has a bid on it on ebay, so it's sold.

I have a guy wanting to trade the Fender Bassbreaker 15 for a Fender Bassman 50 with a Master Volume, late 70's I think. He is going to bring it by Monday night so we can both test the amps to make sure. I always wanted a Bassman, and late 70's is the same age as my Princeton Reverb. If I don't like it, I expect I can sell it for at least as much as the Bassbreaker if not more.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I am equally bad at both.

I think I am kind done searching for the ultimate tone. So guitars that don’t do it for me tend to just hang on the wall. I wouldn’t leave $300 hang on the wall. So the same goes for those guitars.

You know what they say about owning a boat. The two best days are when you buy it, and when you sell it.

So we always show our new guitars. I just wanted to share letting some of them go.

But I still have about 20 guitars, and almost as many amps.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I am equally bad at both.

I think I am kind done searching for the ultimate tone. So guitars that don’t do it for me tend to just hang on the wall. I wouldn’t leave $300 hang on the wall. So the same goes for those guitars.

You know what they say about owning a boat. The two best days are when you buy it, and when you sell it.

So we always show our new guitars. I just wanted to share letting some of them go.

But I still have about 20 guitars, and almost as many amps.
Just think....if you let that Longboard go you will have one less to to worry about. Just sayin'...

Steve

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
Ahh, Capn...
I also have a boat (Grand Banks 36 Riviera) and that’s the main reason I don’t have many guitars. Somehow the boat eats all my money.....

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Did I ever mention how much I hate ebay? I sure give them a lot of business!

One of my guitars sold. But my buyer seems to have vanished? Buyer’s remorse? Stupidity? Jerkpidity?

I filed a thing with ebay. But now I can’t relist it till they wait for 4 days to give the jerk a chance to pay. The worst part is even after this I can’t leave negative comments!

Oh well, maybe it will sell higher next time? Hey, it could happen!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
That's why I've moved all my online gear sales to Reverb. It seems that I always ran into problems of some sort on the Bay, but Reverb has been pretty successful for weeding out the usual riff raff.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I noticed that the prices seem to be higher on Reverb. Good for selling, not for buying. Do you agree, or do you think the prices are pretty equal?

I use the local craigslist also, but nobody wants to pay nothin' on there. People are looking to steal gear. There are people on CL that don't know, and price stuff way below what they should, and there is always somebody to prey on them. Not to mention the offers to help some poor soldier out who needs to send me a check... I just hate the hassle of shipping.

I may try Reverb?

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
One thing I like about reverb is that if you think that the price is too high you can always contact the seller and make an offer. I don't remember every paying asking price for any item that I purchased on reverb.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I noticed that the prices seem to be higher on Reverb. Good for selling, not for buying. Do you agree, or do you think the prices are pretty equal?
I think when it all settles out, they're priced about the same...or at least close to it. Like JohnJ said, Reverb has that option for making an offer if you don't like the sales price. Truth to tell, I've never bought anything off Reverb that I didn't ask for at least a few bucks off, and I've never had anyone not willing to give it to me. I think everything I've gotten on there has been between 10% and about 30% less than posted.

When I sell stuff on there, I actually price it 10% or so higher than I want to take for it and then charge shipping on it so that I can come down if someone asks. I'll usually either give free shipping or give a few bucks off. That way I can look like the nice guy that my dog thinks I am. The only time I haven't done that was a very specific pedal that was in mint condition I was selling that a guy hounded me for several days to cut the price in half for him because someone else was selling one at the time for half the price that was used, abused, and beat to heck. Dude would not leave me alone about it. Since he kept pointing me to the other pedal for price comparison, I finally told him that, since he was so fixated on the price of the other pedal he needed to buy it and leave me alone. The next day he bought it from me for what I had been asking. That's the only time I haven't come off the price for something I was selling. Except for that choosy beggar, I've never had a negative experience buying and selling there.

As for CL, I love buying gear there so long as they'll meet me in a very public location for the transaction. Even then I've run into some really sketchy characters. If you look long enough, you can find some killer deals there.

Thinking of CL, I had this one guy that tried to low ball me for some exercise equipment my wife wanted to sell. He gave me a ridiculously low offer that I declined, and then he offered the same price I had just turned down with the demand that I deliver it to him, which I again declined. Then, for the same piece of equipment, I had no less than 3 people work out a price with me, tell me they were on their way to come pick it up, and then never show. A couple of days later I pulled the sell ad and posted it as a curb alert (for those that may not know, that means "it's on the curb and free to the first person that picks it up") because I was tired of dealing with the CL nonsense. Lowball McCheap@$$ somehow spotted it in the free section and started texting me that it was his because he had offered to pay for it, but now he wanted it for free and demanded that I deliver it to him because I was now giving it away. That was the last time I tried to sell anything on CL.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I am on the 2nd sale of the LP. First never did respond or anything. I have the G&L sold. Nice guitar, and it plays great now. Also sold the Bassbreaker.

What really surprises me is how easy it is to part with these things? I never really bonded with any of them. There were things I liked about all of them, but I never really loved them.

I have a couple more guitars that I can see getting rid of, and a dozen busted amps. I need to get them fixed and sold. But that still leaves a dozen guitars and 10 amps.

I may try Reverb and see how that goes.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
The G&L arrived with cracks at the neck joint. They are only in the thick clear finish. It must have happened during shipping. He is deciding what to do. I told him send it back. I will try to get UPS to pay for it if he does. He is busy so he sends a message and then 3 days later he replies again. He sent me pics of the damage. Classic neck pocket cracks. Just in the finish I think, not with the grain. So now I have that hanging over my head?

The guy was happy with the Les Paul, so that's good.

The Fender amp was delivered yesterday. No word yet?