Sleasy Rider returns

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
There is one here in Prescott Valley, Az. He pulled in next to me at the gas station-----I will admit---I fell in love with it---one frigging COOL RIDE
and not over priced IMOP-----also saw a "66 Triumph 650 Bonneville" at "Jesse Pigpen Harley Davidson Repair" here in P.V. yesterday---totally restored----fell in love with it too..My 1st bike was a 59 Harley 750cc-(45 ci flathead KRTT-)-pre-runner to the Sportster---2nd was a 53 Harley full dresser 61ci--RARE---3rd---66 Harley XLCH Sportster...but got to admit there is something about them old Brit bikes that turn me on---BSA-NORTON-TRIUMPH-ENFIELDS are cool.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I loved my BSA. Had sense enough to sell it before I killed myself. I have always loved the Triumph 650 Bonnevilles. Wanted one of those forever. That is one bike I would love to have, even if I never rode it.

Steve

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I've had a crush on Royal Enfields and Nortons since the 60's. Back in the day those were the bikes to have, being 750cc while Triumphs were 650cc. RE hasn't made a twin for decades, concentrating instead on the utilitarian market in India for their 500cc thumpers where nearly every household has one of their bikes. About 3 years ago they decided to produce a twin that would be competitive in the world market and still priced low enough to sell in India. The 2019 Interceptor 650 is the result. It looks retro but is a thoroughly modern bike with EFI and anti-lock disk brakes, 4-valve heads, single overhead cam, etc. designed in England and made in India. Every Youtube review I have found of it (Over a hundred of them) is a stellar review. Quick and nimble around town and in the twisties and able to cruise at 70 -85 all day long. It only has 47hp and 50lbs torque, but 80% of that torque is available at 2500 RPM and it has a 6-speed tranny. Just powerful enough to be a fun bike to ride. All the bike this 71 year old fart needs and a third the price of a Triumph. This bike reminds me more of a 1967 Norton Commando than any Triumph.

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I loved my BSA. Had sense enough to sell it before I killed myself. I have always loved the Triumph 650 Bonnevilles. Wanted one of those forever. That is one bike I would love to have, even if I never rode it.

Steve
YEP---same here.----I would buy one just to look at it---beats money in the bank---at least I would get to see and touch it everyday ;)

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Very cool! Have you taken delivery yet?
No. Made a non-refundable deposit, bike should be at my dealer in two to three weeks. That "Ravishing Red' color is a custom color and my dealer is only allotted three of those a year and those were all sold in his first two weeks. Now the only way to get one is a special order with a deposit.

I have been having a ball ordering "stuff" for it. Got a great pair of sturdy saddlebag stays, very nice pair of saddle bags, a nice pair of chrome compact engine guards, a nice Memphis Shades windshield and India's take on a pair of 'Vance & Hines' silencers without baffles (for my hooligan side) that are here already . On order are a nice back seat travel trunk matching the bags, a cushy touring seat, a padded passenger back rest, a powerful LED headlamp, two nice leather small tool roll bags, a nicer set of mirrors, a Garmin motorcycle GPS and battery trickle charger.

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I have been having a ball ordering "stuff" for it. Got a great pair of sturdy saddlebag stays, very nice pair of saddle bags, a nice pair of chrome compact engine guards, a nice Memphis Shades windshield and India's take on a pair of 'Vance & Hines' silencers without baffles (for my hooligan side) that are here already . On order are a nice back seat travel trunk matching the bags, a cushy touring seat, a padded passenger back rest, a powerful LED headlamp, two nice leather small tool roll bags, a nicer set of mirrors, a Garmin motorcycle GPS and battery trickle charger.

But where does the Quilter and your guitar of choice go? ;)

I know nothing about motorcycles, but hat's a cool-looking bike. :thumbup: