Great app for memorizing the notes on the neck

Mark from Murrieta

Blues Junior
I’ve been told that if you know the notes on the neck like you know your way home, your guitar playing universe will open up.

I do agree, having learned the CAGED system in a more familiar way has really helped me get into triads, inversions, etc.

I paid the $1.99 for the Justin Guitar app and it’s really easy, an easy lay out and it’s already helping me pin point the areas of the neck that I have a problem with.

Just wanted to share this tool with you.

NOTE TRAINER
The Guitar Note Trainer is an app to help you learn the notes on the guitar neck - an essential skill for any progressing guitarists!

This app has four training modes:

• Name The Note where you have to name the note shown on the neck,

• Find A Note where you have to find a given note on the neck in all 6 positions,

• Memory Quiz 1 where you have to name a note having been given its position, and

• Memory Quiz 2 where you must name all the notes across a given fret (a tough one!!).

There are some "Easy" options for those just starting out to limit your range of answers. You also have an audio option to hear the notes as you select them! If you really need to cheat you can swipe your finger diagonally across the fretboard and all the notes will show for a second :)

I'm sure you'll find this app very helpful, all you need to add is practice time!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.justinguitar.guitarnotetrainer

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/guitar-note-trainer/id559758702?mt=8

643x0w.png

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hmmm ok i bought it dunno if i will use it too much but its the only thing i have bought related to justin and he puts out so much great free stuff.

Hey Griff we need more blues guitar apps? ( ducks and runs away )

Its not exactly easy to develop anything like this but my guess is maybe Justin created the specs for how his app should work and some people wrote it for him ( just a guess ).

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Here's an "app" I've had since 1979.

Cover of the box.

Box Top.jpg

The front of card #23 (of 37 total):

D Front.jpg

The back of card #23:

D Back.jpg

Very high tech.:cool:

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
my guess is maybe Justin created the specs for how his app should work and some people wrote it for him

Since the menu in the app references this site, I'm guessing they are the ones who created the app.:unsure:

leafcutters.jpg

Last edited:

Mark from Murrieta

Blues Junior
I've been trying to use it at least once per day, it's working. As others stated, I have weakness on the D and G strings and that's important to grab triads more easy. It's interesting that after I'm done with a session, my mind continues to go over it, brings it to the forefront as I'm doing other things. Great app.