Lesson #34: Deep River Blues

jmin

Student Of The Blues
This was a fun lesson. This is a great little old blues tune that Griff does a nice job of arranging. The only mistake (;)) he made in the lesson was saying that a popular version was recorded by Doc Watson. My mistake was listening to Doc's version on YouTube...it's a lot faster with a different arrangement. Key learning: Don't try to play Griff's arrangement at Doc's speed!

Well, I barely kept up with Griff's arrangement, but I'm moving on to the FINAL lesson in ABGU! St Louis Blues. It's 6 pages long so I'll see you guys in about 6 months!

Deep River Blues (vid)

Thanks for listening!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Great playing jmin! Sounded like you had no problems keeping up with Griff. That was as clean as could be with nice touch and feel. I don't see you having any problems with St Louis Blues.....really looking forward to hearing that one. Actually should be a vid....finish off with a bang bud.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great playing jmin! Sounded like you had no problems keeping up with Griff. That was as clean as could be with nice touch and feel. I don't see you having any problems with St Louis Blues.....really looking forward to hearing that one. Actually should be a vid....finish off with a bang bud.
Thanks Ivan! ...I appreciate all of your encouragement through this course! I’ll try to do a “big finish” with a St.Louis Blues video, but it may be a “full-feature-length” movie...6 pages! (I can barely remember 4 bars!)
Maybe I’ll be ready by December, for a “Christmas” movie release!
Ok, your turn...your videos look and sound better!

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Awesome jmin!

If you run outta inspiration for SLB I’ll record it again to show you that it can be done with some perseverance (y)

Eric

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
jmin - Im currently trying to polish this one. Man you played this well! Super inspiring sir