Storing your guitars on racks or wall hangers

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I built my hanger on the wall, free standing so I can grab them easily. I have a humidifier, just a cheapie walmart one, keeps the room pretty consisten

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Here is my man-cave. There is simply not room in the house for all of the cases. I keep the cases on a shelving unit in the garage, floor to ceiling and it is full. I kept my guitars all out on stands when I lived in Lacey, WA for 18 years. No problem there with low humidity, it was like living in a shower stall. Here in Nampa, Idaho, it is dryer, but after being out for nearly a year, no fret sprout so far.
IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG

Last edited:

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Here is my man-cave. There is simply not room in the house for all of the cases. I keep the cases on a shelving unit in the garage, floor to ceiling and it is full. I kept my guitars all out on stands when I lived in Lacey, WA for 18 years. No problem there with low humidity, it was like living in a shower stall. Here in Nampa, Idaho, it is dryer, but after being out for nearly a year, no fret sprout so far.
View attachment 8056 View attachment 8057
View attachment 8059
Wow, beautiful retirement digs, RR!!

DonC

Blues Newbie
I've got three on the wall, two on stands within arms reach of my master control man cave command station. That way I can pick them up and play whenever the urge moves me. This past winter, heating season, I did put my new acoustic away in its case every night and take it out in the morning. Tedious, but I want to stay on my learning curve. I also got a cheap humidifier for the room ($20+) I fear putting them away in cases and then see them migrate to a closet or other storage area.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Better get busy with that, seeing as you're going to be playing that puppy at Lake George.
Ha, we shall see... Guitar playing days are on hold for a bit while I’m on the mend (broken hand), that said I can still hold a cold one and that is my plan come Fall! :)