NGD - PRS CE24 Trampas Green

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I've been wanting to get a PRS guitar for some time, preferably in Trampas Green. I usually prefer more natural wood finishes, but there's something about the Trampas Green that appeals to me.

After debating whether to save some money and get an SE model, I found a barely used, mint condition, 2018 CE24 on Reverb. It was purchased last year from Sweetwater, but the owner already had a Custom 24 that he played all the time and decided he wanted to move even higher up to a PRS Wood Library Custom 24.

This one has one of the best tops I've seen on this model. Almost a 10-top like you'll find on the more expensive models. He replaced the plastic pickup rings and toggle switch knob with flame maple wood ones from Guilford Guitars (https://guilfordguitars.com/pickup_rings). Got the guitar yesterday and it's a stunner! PRS workmanship is top notch and the pattern thin neck is a joy to play. The coil split works very well without much drop in output. Apparently PRS overwinds the coil that's active during the coil split to keep the output up. Really loving it!

PRSCE24-1.JPG PRSCE24-2.JPG PRSCE24-3.JPG

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Really, really nice! I've been looking idly at PRS guitars, and whenever I see that Trampas Green, it really speaks to me.

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Stunning guitar, Mike... congrats and enjoy! Big PRS fan here, I have several; One week Gibson’s are my favorite, the next week PRS... but it’s always a Strat in my lap when I watch TV... and yes, I do have ADD:sneaky:! Yours is a very cool looking PRS:Beer:

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I also have a PRS CE24, but it is a red satin finish model. Quite a step up from an SE. The CE24 is more Strat like than my SE Single Cut Soapbar, which is more Gibson LP like. Great playing and sounding guitar. Congrats!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Sooooo nice!
I've got some nice guitars but, no PRS yet.
I hope to acquire one some day.
Yours looks beautiful........nice choice.

I hope that staff assignment isn't going to your head:sneaky:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
:thumbup: Whale Blue was my second choice.
Mike, that really is a beautiful guitar. I'm not normally a fan of green (anything), but I've yet to see a PRS I wouldn't love to own.

Here would be my first choice.
prs-pink-420x420.jpg

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
The CE24 is more Strat like than my SE Single Cut Soapbar, which is more Gibson LP like.

That's one of the things that drew me to it. In split coil mode, it's very Strat-like and even in humbucker mode it's different than my other humbucker guitars. Very versatile.