Live Sound Harley Benton Sells Cabinets With Vintage 30s For Less Than The Speakers

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
That's amazing. I noticed on their website they also have a 4x12 cab with Vintage 30s. Including shipping to the U.S. it's just slightly over $400. Need to bookmark that!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
That's amazing. I noticed on their website they also have a 4x12 cab with Vintage 30s. Including shipping to the U.S. it's just slightly over $400. Need to bookmark that!

You'll need a few of those for Lloydstock. :D

That is a great deal! The single cab for $121 is a good price without the speaker! The speaker goes for $149 at Sweetwater.

straightblues

Blues Junior
I can't tell you how many times I have bought big heavy 4x12 cabinets just to use the speakers in my combo amps. They are out of favor now, and you can find them for $100 routinely on craigslist.

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
A decent cab loaded with v30's for about $400 shipped is a deal. I have found the 4x12's listed on CL for cheaper to be more like the low end Marshall, Line6 or Behringer cabs. None of those have v30's...

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I would think the market is shrinking. Digital IRs into FRFR. much more versatile, much easier to change up, heck of a lot lighter, and more cost-effective. I guess they'll always be a market for head and cabs, but even analog you can mic a one by 12 or 2 by 12. Why lug a big 4 by 12 around?

Last edited:

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
Have you played through a 4x12 with some volume? They have a thump and feel that is unique. My whole rig is a Helix running direct, but I do enjoy the few times when we rehearse at a practice studio and I get to run into the effects return of a half stack. It's a treat.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Yeah I've played through 4x12s. I still have a 4 × 10 in my music room. I'm not dissing big cabinets, I'm just saying price reduction may be due to the market shrinking, as big cabinets are no longer practical for gigging, due to physical constraints and lack of versatility.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
It's a pretty big and bulky holder for 4 spare Vintage 30's......... How often do you blow a speaker and need to replace one? :Beer: