Update on Ted_Zeppelin

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Not all of you may be aware of this, but BGU Forum member Ted_Zeppelin underwent spinal surgery today to have two vertebrae removed to relieve pressure on his spinal cord that has been causing numbness for some time. I'm not a doctor and won't try to explain the specifics. I'm sure @Dr. Ron or @Elio can explain the details much better than I can.

I just received a report from his wife that after 7 hours of surgery, the surgeon said that it went really well. He will be in the hospital for at least 4~5 days. She says they will know a lot more tomorrow.

Brian told me he has been advised it will take 2 to 3 months to recover and he is using the BGU NY/NE jam as his carrot to get back to full mobility and playing form. He definitely plans on being there!

So if you can spare a prayer or a kind thought, please send it Brian's way for a speedy recovery to full mobility.

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
Prayers sent. Back issues are the worst.
Get well soon! Hopefully the surgery does what it is supposed to.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Thoughts and prayers, but me thinks it was likely the disc between the vertebra that were removed, regardless get well soon!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My
Not all of you may be aware of this, but BGU Forum member Ted_Zeppelin underwent spinal surgery today to have two vertebrae removed to relieve pressure on his spinal cord that has been causing numbness for some time. I'm not a doctor and won't try to explain the specifics. I'm sure @Dr. Ron or @Elio can explain the details much better than I can.

I just received a report from his wife that after 7 hours of surgery, the surgeon said that it went really well. He will be in the hospital for at least 4~5 days. She says they will know a lot more tomorrow.

Brian told me he has been advised it will take 2 to 3 months to recover and he is using the BGU NY/NE jam as his carrot to get back to full mobility and playing form. He definitely plans on being there!

So if you can spare a prayer or a kind thought, please send it Brian's way for a speedy recovery to full mobility.

My orthopedic knowledge is mostly second hand from my wife, but I do know that's serious enough to warrant some prayers. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that he has a good motivator!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
An elective surgery with a reasonably normal time frame and predicted hospital stay...That is a good start.
I had a cervical fusion for similar symptoms in both my arms 12 years ago which was helpful.
Prayers for an unremarkable recovery, and best to Brian. Looking forward to jamming with him
in New York come October.

Last edited:

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I'm glad it went well. I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to make it to NY. Great guy and a great guitar player as anyone who was in NY last year will attest to. :)

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Hang in there, Brian!
The worst is now over and the best is yet to come!

I'll keep a good thought for you bud! :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I got another text from TZ's wife today. She says he is still in quite a bit of pain (no surprise there) and he's making small improvements. He has been taking short walks and is able to sit in a chair now. She's not sure when he will be released but he will be going to a rehabilitation center for a week or two.

I asked her to remind him that he needs to get this rehab thing taken care of. He has an appointment at the BGU NY/NE jam in October!
happy.gif

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery. Looking forward to meeting him in NY.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I got another text from TZ's wife today. She says he is still in quite a bit of pain (no surprise there) and he's making small improvements. He has been taking short walks and is able to sit in a chair now. She's not sure when he will be released but he will be going to a rehabilitation center for a week or two.

I asked her to remind him that he needs to get this rehab thing taken care of. He has an appointment at the BGU NY/NE jam in October!
happy.gif

;)

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member

happy.gif
Rehab? That doesn't sound at ALL like where he needs to be if he's going to be hanging with this crowd...

In all seriousness I do hope everything goes well and we are sending best wishes as well.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Any spinal surgery is risky and potentially catastrophic. I wish Ted Zeppelin well but think maybe there should be no pressure put on him to try to be ready for this fall.

Just my opinion best wishes Ted!