No option in some of my courses

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
So I just noticed that in some of my Courses which clearly have in front of me ,I noticed theres not an option to buy just DVD / cd's. On the intro page of course underneath all the jam tracks there usually the option. Anyone know. Classic rock,How to improvise,SWS, PS&TM just to name a few.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Originally the option appeared for a course when you redeemed a Golden Ticket.

Then Griff applied the option to all courses that you bought digitally (at least for AAP members?).

I took him up on it and now have "hard" copies of every course.

That's means that for several courses I originally paid for the digital download and then paid an additional "modest" price to "upgrade" each one to DVD.

I also notice that when I just redeemed a Golden Ticket for the new course, the option is not there.

I'm thinking that there are possibly a few bugs that need to be worked out during this first "transitional" period when people are renewing yearly AAP memberships for the first time. Griff mentioned this earlier. I'm sure he'll get it all ironed out.

Mr.Scary

Yes but say my house burned down ,I would want to just get the DVD"S / manuals since I already own the courses

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I don’t have aap but I’ve seen in the course catalog that the Slow Blues Supplement is download only now. I assume he has no more dvds nor books and isn’t getting them reprinted.

Eric

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Digital copies you can download as many times as you want.

The option was to get 1 hard copy of a digital course. Once used, the option disappeared.

There has never been an option to get more hard copies.

I'm pretty sure Griff would give you a break in replacing all your hard copies that burned up.

Though he wouldn't be obligated to do so.

He didn't burn down your house.

You also owned all your furniture and appliances, but they're also gone.

I hope you have insurance.

Last edited:

Mr.Scary

Digital copies you can download as many times as you want.

The option was to get 1 hard copy of a digital course. Once used, the option disappeared.

There has never been an option to get more hard copies.

I'm pretty sure Griff would give you a break in replacing all your hard copies that burned up.

Though he wouldn't be obligated to do so.

He didn't burn down your house.

You also owned all your furniture and appliances, but they're also gone.

I hope you have insurance.
Just wondering if I wasn't looking in the right place

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
The place you described on the intro page of a course, under the jam tracks, is where the buttons appear to order DVDs and/or printed manuals for courses you bought digitally or redeemed a Golden Ticket for.

If you already own the DVD version of the course, there's nothing there.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
I just picked up a slew of Manuals, for courses that I had Digital ownership of. I am an AAP member and it was just a very simple process to go under any course and see what was available. If a course showed nothing, then that meant that I already had DVD/CD and Manuals. The good thing about doing a bunch of these at once is that you only get hit with one shipping charge.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I simply haven't set it up for all courses yet. It's a work in progress, but those that are setup on the backend will show up in the member area. As I get more done, more will appear.

If the physical version of a course is out of stock, of course, it won't appear in the member area. But currently I have most everything in stock, so it's just me getting it done.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
However, things like CRGU are definitely available as hard copy, and you should see those options in the member area if you own them. If you're just accessing them through the AAP, you won't have the option to purchase a hard copy - that takes more skill on the setup end than I know how to do at this point.