Greetings from Atlanta

Frusciante

Blues Newbie
Hey all,

Thought I'd drop a quick note here and join the community. After years of campfire chording, I started really digging into guitar about 6 months ago. Found a group of working professionals who are all learning our instruments (advanced beginners, beginner intermediates) who decided to just go for it and start a cover band playing all sorts of rock genres. We've had a couple gigs now (what a rush!) and the progress I've personally made has been astounding. I've improved more in the past 6 months than the previous 6 years.

I'm not where I need to be as a lead guitarist so I thought I'd check out BGU after seeing an Instagram ad for it. Really dug Griff's personality and playing. Most of my guitar heroes started playing the blues so I figure it makes sense if I get that foundation as well. I'm starting with BGU 2.0 and will likely supplement with some lead specific modules as well.

Happy to be a part of the BGU community!

-Frusciante

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. I followed a similar path, bought Griff's "Killer Blues Solo" course as an aid to playing lead (mostly "The Shadows") then really got into the blues, have attended three BGU-UK get togethers now, superb fun. If you want to practice your lead playing drop in to the Virtual Jam Room down at the bottom of the forum

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome neighbor, I'm up in Ellijay, work down around Alpharetta, Cumming and Marietta. Let me know when and where you're gigging and I'll try to catch a show

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome aboard Frusciante, you've chosen a great foundational course to build your blues house. Have fun.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. You've found a great place to learn and a great community of friends.