BBG Version 2.0

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Griff just came out with BBG Version 2.0.

Has anything in BBG changed from the original to Version 2.0?

If so, what has changed (other than the performance re-shoots)?

Does one have to buy this or use a Golden Ticket if one already has the original?

Is the book material the same?

Thanks.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
No need to use your Golden Ticket, since you purchased the original and the new "version" is already in your Course list and available for download.

The old digital versions have been replaced by the new, i.e. Griff "upgraded" us for free.

(Same old download buttons, but they will download the new versions of everything.)

The old videos are still available at the bottom of each page as "Legacy" downloads. (Except for "How To Read Tab")

A new printed manual is available for $15.

I already downloaded everything and I don't see any change in the actual material. Just the video presentations and the manual layout. More of a make-over rather than a "new version".

If someone hasn't purchased the original, I'd imagine 2.0 is available to access and they would have to use their Golden Ticket to get download privileges, just as before.

Last edited:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
I guess what I was really wondering was......I own the original BBG and if I didn't renew my AAP, I would still have access to BBG 1.0 because I own it. Since I have not paid extra for the new/improved BBG, would I still have access to BBG 2.0 if I don't renew AAP?

I probably will renew AAP but was just wondering in case I don't.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I'm gonna vote yes. Griff has replaced all the old videos. I'm assuming he's done that for everybody who owns it, not just AAP members.

I can't imagine that he would have devised some way to reverse it all if you don't renew.

Of course I'm just speculating.

Even if he did reverse it, you can download all the files for 2.0 now and have access to them "forever".

Last edited:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
If someone hasn't purchased the original, I'd imagine 2.0 is available to access and they would have to use their Golden Ticket to get download privileges, just as before.

That's the case for me; I also have spent some quality time looking at BBG and have concluded I need this for my next Ticket. There is a lot of golden goodness in there that fills some gaps in my slap-dash path thus far. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Just a head's up, if you're not going to renew in May. If you've got a Golden Ticket "in the bank" you're not going to get another one.

So think about using it this month or next. (Maybe Griff will launch something else in the mean time?):)

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Just a head's up, if you're not going to renew in May. If you've got a Golden Ticket "in the bank" you're not going to get another one.

So think about using it this month or next. (Maybe Griff will launch something else in the mean time?):)

I've been spending mine within a day or two, so still on track. I have some ways to go before I have the whole catalog. :Beer:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior

The only thing I don't own is "How To Read Music On Guitar". Don't think I want that one. Hmmmmm........Anybody know if we can own "Solos of the Masters"? That was a 12 month subscription thing Griff did where he took 12 different players and came up with a 24 bar solo in their "style".

Boysie

Just for fun
I purchased beginning blues guitar and blues guitar unleashed a few years ago so I thought I would download version 2.0 but my course list only shows five easy guitar solos, why is this. Also what is this golden ticket?

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
If you bought version 1 of BGU there was no digital version. Not sure why you wouldn't have BBG in the list unless this was only digital as well. However just checked my list and I have both in my list but BGU 1.0 only has the manual. Are you sure you didn't buy them using a different mail address so under a different user maybe? I have managed to get 2 addresses somehow, 1 has all my courses and the other has nothing (won't even let me post under it as I haven't got to my 3 posts yet:eek:

The Golden ticket is a feature of the All Access Pass that allows you to exchange it for ownership of the digital version of one course every 60 days.

cheers

Al.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
If you go to "My Profile" (upper right of your Course List) you can check your invoices for everything you've purchased.

A couple of times I bought courses using a different email address by mistake (using Autofill) and they showed up in a new account.

I just contacted the "Help desk" and they simply changed the email address, which put those courses with the rest.

If you have an invoice for your courses and they're not in your list, something has gone wrong when Griff updated the site.

If there's no invoice, you might have used a different address.

Either way, you can contact the "Help desk" or Griff directly.

Boysie

Just for fun
Thanks for the info, I have just had a re-think and I would have bought the courses at least 8 years ago. I think I'll just stick with what I've got, also how do you get a golden ticket, Both courses were the dvd's and manuals.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
how do you get a golden ticket
If you sign up for Griff's All Access Pass you get streaming access to all his courses, live sessions and the Practice Generator.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/all-access-details/

After your first 60 days you receive a Golden Ticket (coupon) that you can redeem for permanent downloading access to a course of your choice, just as if you had bought it.

Plus the option to purchase the DVDs and a printed manual for the course at a substantial discount.

You receive a new ticket 60 days after redeeming one.

Last edited:

Boysie

Just for fun
If you sign up for Griff's All Access Pass you get streaming access to all his courses, live sessions and the Practice Generator.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/all-access-details/

After your first 60 days you receive a Golden Ticket (coupon) that you can redeem for permanent downloading access to a course of your choice, just as if you had bought it.

Plus the option to purchase the DVDs and a printed manual for the course at a substantial discount.

You receive a new ticket 60 days after redeeming one.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll pass.