Griff's Guitar Tone in this course

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
I would really like to know @Griff 's gear and settings for the tone he gets from the 335 on this course, especially Solo #4, in case it's different. Does anybody know? Has anybody gotten it/close?

Thanks.

DEW

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I honestly font remember but it's probably my eleven rack. I use that for darn near everything.

Griff

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
I honestly font remember but it's probably my eleven rack. I use that for darn near everything.

Griff
Thanks for responding. I have found a tone I'm happy with for it using a doubled humbucker guitar into my mini Blues Driver clone into my Joyo American Sound pedal set to a clean Bassman-ish setting direct into my audio interface with a cabinet sim with 2 Bassman IR's loaded.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
That's probably almost exactly what I used from different companies so it should be a great approximation.

JohnTesoriero

Blues Newbie
hi, I was considering purchasing "5 more solos" but im a beginner /intermediate player and wondering if this would be too difficult to learn?? I really want to learn solos, any feedback??

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Hi John.
It’s kind of hard to recommend not knowing exactly where you are at in the experience spectrum. When I started Griff’s courses I had been playing for a couple of years. I could play all the basic cowboy chords which allowed me to play a lot of songs. I started with the original Blues Guitar Unleashed course and I realized that it was to tough for me. I got Beginning Blues Guitar and that was perfect. I really needed the basics of timing, picking, bends, etc. If you can do those basics skills this course would be fine. If your not comfortable performing the basic skills needed to solo I recommend starting with one of the previously mentioned courses. Griff is such an awesome teacher that without those skills and a lot of practice you could learn the solos in the course but it would be tough.

MarcV

Blues Junior
hi, I was considering purchasing "5 more solos" but im a beginner /intermediate player and wondering if this would be too difficult to learn?? I really want to learn solos, any feedback??
Hey John, my two cents.
While it is awesome to learn complete solo's as written for me I saw the most improvement by focusing more on learning and owning a 1/2 dozen to a dozen licks.
How to Improvise a Blues Solo is probably the best course for this in my opinion
If you are at level where you know the basic pentatonic scale and just can't come up with anything to play when music starts, this is the best place to start (IMO). It also includes complete solo's based on fixed number of licks

Forgot to answer your original question: I worked through 5 easy blues solos but not 5 more.
Looked through 5 more and seems like similar level of difficulty to me

Marc

Last edited: