How did you get here?

lola

Blues Newbie
OMG I am in love with that guitar and it's black! 5K is just a tad too much of an asking price. If I did have the money I would buy it in a heart beat. That is just gorgeous! Thanks for the heads up. I have to count my blessings. I have two very beautiful guitars. I am very fortunate to have them. I would love this one to add to my collection. Boo hoo. I am drooling.!

According to the book value of this guitar it's only worth between $1300 to $1500. This person will never be able to sell this guitar at this outrageous price. It's a way overpriced!

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Looks like you have some ammo to help your cause Lola. Maybe you can tactfully wear him down over time. $1500 + or - in hand is better than $5000 out of your reach. He may come to that decision over time. There's certainly a lot of bargaining room, mostly in your favor. He doesn't want it and you do.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

HoosBlues

Blues Newbie
I always wanted to learn to play the blues and never had a clue how. Always played Acoustic never had an electric. Then one day my brother asked if I wanted the guitars he had bought for his son I said sure as it turned out one of the guitars is a Peevee electric start looking guitar that turned out to be one they made in the US. So now I had an electric and a excuse to get an amp.
I ran across BGU got it and and still don't know how to play the blues but I'm having fun trying.

JohnGentle

Blues Newbie
One of Griff's videos came up in the 'Recommended' section of my YouTube account, but it wasn't the 4 Note Solo. I can't remember which video was the first I watched, but that lead me to check out his channel which lead to watching a lot more videos which then lead me to purchase BGU. I am primarily a slide/open tuning player, but want to get better at standard tuning blues rhythm and lead. Very excited to be here and looking forward to expanding my playing.

theophi

Blues Newbie
Four note solo for me. I remember searching around the web for some inspirational teaching videos and stumbled on the 4NS by Griff. Awesome intro lessons that have been followed by BGU, Theory, Solo without Scales and CRGU.

Jim58

Never was the man I used to be
The 4 note solo! I've been away for awhile but great to be back! Looks like we're all Noobies again! I've decided to start BGU and ABGU over again so Newbie it is! Too many to name but I've missed you all's advice, humor, and generousitey. I'm home!

Jim58

Some kind souls have awarded me 2 trophies! What did I do to deserve them cuz I can't find details?

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Some kind souls have awarded me 2 trophies! What did I do to deserve them cuz I can't find details?
You got one for your first message and one for your first like! Many more are automatically awarded as you get more involved with the forum.

Ratfink

Blues Newbie
Lots of web searching and a little bit of luck, so here I am. I signed on for all access (great idea) and am starting with BBG.

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Hi names WarrenH got here by using griffs playing on the porch .very well done .But life got in the way and the guitars were collecting dust .Not sure if this is the right place to ask this ,but what would be the most logical next step. blues for beginners , acoustic blues , or blues guitar unleashed. Not sure where to start . not a beginner but not an expert either . just threw out a couple of hundred dollars worth of guitar courses . was looking at this stuff how could anyone learn from this stuff , well thanks for any help.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I started with BGU and it was a little too advanced for me ( I could strum and play basic open chords but that was about it). I got the Beginning Blues Guitar course and that was perfect for me. Watch the promos for each course and you may get a better idea of what they cover and you will be able to make a better decision based on your current skill level. Whichever course you choose, you can’t go wrong with Griff, he’s the best.

Jim58

Hi Warren, welcome aboard! Steve o and Papa Bear are right. I was a lower intermediate player when I joined in 2014, and had the same questions. After consulting with Griff and the Forum I decided on Acoustic BGU. It took me back to the fundamentals of how to really know how to play. I'd always played R+R with an electric guitar and even played in a couple of bands. I quickly experienced humility with ABGU. First off I'd never learned to fingerpick, so that was my first challenge. I finished in 2yrs. then got BGU, which was much easier to grasp after the challenges of ABGU. What makes Griff's approach special is he teaches you things never addressed in other courses. The importance of timing, why you do or don't make certain moves, and the structures underlying the blues sound. Whichever course you choose, you're in the right place. And don't be afraid to ask Griff personally for advice. It may take a day or 2, but he ALWAYS gives you his attention. All that said, welcome and good luck!

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
Hi Warren, welcome aboard! Steve o and Papa Bear are right. I was a lower intermediate player when I joined in 2014, and had the same questions. After consulting with Griff and the Forum I decided on Acoustic BGU. It took me back to the fundamentals of how to really know how to play. I'd always played R+R with an electric guitar and even played in a couple of bands. I quickly experienced humility with ABGU. First off I'd never learned to fingerpick, so that was my first challenge. I finished in 2yrs. then got BGU, which was much easier to grasp after the challenges of ABGU. What makes Griff's approach special is he teaches you things never addressed in other courses. The importance of timing, why you do or don't make certain moves, and the structures underlying the blues sound. Whichever course you choose, you're in the right place. And don't be afraid to ask Griff personally for advice. It may take a day or 2, but he ALWAYS gives you his attention. All that said, welcome and good luck!
HI so the ABGU and BGU courses are differient , i'll get something out of both . Think i will start with the ABGU don't think i could do it in two years. but not in a rush .thanks for the feedback.

WarrenHummel

Blues Newbie
I started with BGU and it was a little too advanced for me ( I could strum and play basic open chords but that was about it). I got the Beginning Blues Guitar course and that was perfect for me. Watch the promos for each course and you may get a better idea of what they cover and you will be able to make a better decision based on your current skill level. Whichever course you choose, you can’t go wrong with Griff, he’s the best.
Hi going to look at the adds for all and see what i think is best for me at this point , like i said i just threw out a couple 100 dollars worth of old courses. I just started looking at this stuff again and i'm thinking to myself how the hell do you learn from this crap . the videos are crap and the tabs are even worse .I may be starting with the beginning blues guitar and see where that takes me ,as life got in the way and the guitars got put away for a while it might be to my advantage to just brush up on the basics . if i grasp the basics i'll just move on. thanks for the feedback .WarrenH