SG rebuild

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Yes, I added the pickguard, but the one that cam with itwas the same. Th po painted camo in gray shades. It did not work, so I replaced it. I think the faded Gibsons were around 2015 or 16, but it could be ‘13.

I am going to try to sell it. I may ebay it starting at $400 and see what happens. Or I may list thefaded Les paul with the neck repair? Or both?

Except for guitars that are of sentimental value, I don’t see any point to owning guiars that for whatever reason I just don’t play. I am pretty sentimental, so that doesn’t free up too many of them.

patb

Blues Junior
What's the balance like on the Gibson SG's? I have a Epi SG, It has the nicest action of all my budget guitars, but I find it annoyingly neck heavy, so much so I haven't taken out out the case in a couple years.
They're neck heavy. A friend installed a Bigsby just to try to balance it. Moving the strap peg to the top horn might help, or not. I thought about adding a strap to the neck at the headpiece.
Pat

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I am going to try to sell it. I may ebay it starting at $400 and see what happens. Or I may list thefaded Les paul with the neck repair? Or both?

Looks like the SG forum I belong to has a members classified section seems like it could go for 500 at least ( to me )? I dunno protocol here about recommending other forums etc so PM me if you want details.

It looks sweet ha ha I think you should keep it but ... ( to be honest I spend most of my time on LPs lately ) ...