Little Wing Lesson

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I think it's a bit of a hidden gem in Griff's library. I go back to it every now and then and pick up something new each time.
Nice to see both the Jimi and SRV styles contrasted, with licks from each.

Steven E

"Experienced" Beginner
Does the LIttle Wing lesson manual stop at page 40? It seems like there is more to the video - the SRV version of the solos, and more "examples" that don't appear in my manual, I have 5 blank pages with only the template, but no music and no note that "this page blank".

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Does the LIttle Wing lesson manual stop at page 40? It seems like there is more to the video - the SRV version of the solos, and more "examples" that don't appear in my manual, I have 5 blank pages with only the template, but no music and no note that "this page blank".

Yes, it stops at page 40 and has 5 blank pages. Don't know why.:unsure:

However, I just went through the entire course and everything in the video is covered in the manual.

The SRV solo version is Song Example #2, pages 36-40.

Song Example #1 is "straight", a la Hendrix. Song Example #2 is "swing", a la SRV.

Griff also gives Examples 26 & 27 and 32 as in the SRV "style".

Last edited:

Steven E

"Experienced" Beginner
Yes, it stops at page 40 and has 5 blank pages. Don't know why.:unsure:

However, I just went through the entire course and everything in the video is covered in the manual.

The SRV solo version is Song Example #2, pages 36-40.

Song Example #1 is "straight", a la Hendrix. Song Example #2 is "swing", a la SRV.

Griff also gives Examples 26 & 27 and 32 as in the SRV "style".

Thank you, Sir.