Backing Tracks for Solo #4

brianS

Blues Newbie
Hi all - wanted to see if any of you could recommend/post a link to a backing track for Solo # 4 - Thanks!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hey Brian,

It would help if you could be more specific about what you are looking for.

Do you mean other than the 2 backing tracks Griff provided with the Solo #4 lesson in BGU?

If so, do you want a different feel, key, tempo, length, etc?

Last edited:

brianS

Blues Newbie
Hey Brian,

It would help if you could be more specific about what you are looking for.

Do you mean other than the 2 backing tracks Griff provided with the Solo #4 lesson in BGU?

If so, do you want a different feel, key, tempo, length, etc?[/QUOTEth

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for backing tracks without Griff playing lead....maybe I missed those. Thanks

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
For all solos in all of his courses he provides audio files with and without him playing the lead.

Usually a slow and full speed version.

Since Solo #4 is a slow blues, there is only the one speed.

For the BGU digital version, backing tracks are in the "All Audio" zip file on the intro page.

If you're working online, all the solo backing tracks are at the bottom of the "player" list on the BGU intro page.

If you purchased the DVD version, backing tracks are on the CD's.

CD track listings are in the back of the BGU manual.

Last edited:

brianS

Blues Newbie
Thanks Griff. I was able to find the backing track. And BTW - thank you for this course! Before I began, I was convinced I had no sense of timing and that I just wasn’t cut out for the guitar because I couldn’t play by ear. I have been working on BGU unleashes for about 1 1/2 years and cannot believe what I have been able to accomplish. I’ve learned that I actually have a good sense of timing - since you taught me how to correctly count- and it really opened the door for me. And I really have began to get a solid foundation of understanding how the blues are constructed, how components are interchangeable, how major and minor scales interact with chord progressions, etc. THANK YOU... this course has truly brought me joy. I never thought I would be able to play the blues like this - even my wife and kids are surprised! Thanks man!

AlexanderAliganga

Blues Newbie
Hello All, I’m trying to understand how to build riffs on each chord progression in a song and how to string them all together. Which course or courses would you recommend.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hello All, I’m trying to understand how to build riffs on each chord progression in a song and how to string them all together. Which course or courses would you recommend.
Building A Better Blues Solo
How To Improvise Blues Solos

These last two are the newest, but they contain pre written licks so I don't know if that's what you were looking for.
Blues Solo Construction Kit: Shuffle Feel
Blues Solo Construction Kit: Slow Blues Feel

Last edited:

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
What I’m looking for is how do I learn how to create riffs within chord progression.
If what you mean by "riffs" is "licks" then the courses mentioned by Mike S, to which I would add Soloing Without Scales. If you really meant "riffs" then I don't understand your question.

AlexanderAliganga

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the reply. I mean licks. Like if the chord progression is C, F, and G. Making up licks going through out the chord progression. I kind of have an idea but still unsure . What course would you recommend?