Hurricane Florence

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Hope you're all getting out of danger's way. There's no point in tempting fate. With storms this size I can't believe folks think earthquakes are a big deal. I'll take California Rock n Roll to the second coming of Noah any day.
tenor.gif

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I've seen stranger things, just can't remember when.
Latest projected track for Florence.

If this holds Lloyd and I will be lucky.
Carlos looks like he is getting pounded. Hope you're OK buddy.

Florence.png

Last edited:

Tom45

Blues Newbie
Friday morning at 7:30 AM and it's now a cat.1 storm, but lots of rain and storm surge. Hope everyone is safe. I live in Florida, and I've been through this myself, and it's a scary thing to endure. Hang in there!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Has anyone on the forum been in touch with Bill Oremus? I haven't seen anything from him on FB. Just wondered if anyone else has been in touch with him.
I sent him a text, but haven't heard anything from him. I'm not sure I have his current phone number.

Edit: Just heard from Bill O. He and family are doing fine.

Last edited:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Has anyone on the forum been in touch with Bill Oremus? I haven't seen anything from him on FB. Just wondered if anyone else has been in touch with him.
I sent him a text, but haven't heard anything from him. I'm not sure I have his current phone number.

Edit: Just heard from Bill O. He and family are doing fine.
Can you do me a big favor and have Bill contact me?

Steve

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Has anyone heard from Carlos or Crossroads?

I was just on the phone with Kevin (@Crossroads). He's getting pretty beaten up from the backside of the storm right now.
I exchanged texts with Bill O and he said he has been in touch with Carlos. Last report was they are OK and running on generator. He said Carlos has some roof damage, but didn't have any more details.

Just to give you an idea of what's going on right now, this is regional radar as of 5:30PM EDT today 9/15/2018:
9-15-2018-17-30EDT.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Papa was about to contribute to the VJR last night but, lost power.
Yep. Still down. Running on generator.
I spoke with Kevin (Crossroads) this morning. He is pretty much stuck at home for the next several days, due to flooding around him.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I got the juice back about an hour ago, just a few minutes before the generator ran out of gas! I think Griff summed it up, "Timing is everything!"
The rain has subsided a little bit, so it's less a torrent and more just a good soaking. Our pond in the back yard looks to be about 3 feet higher than it was yesterday morning.
From the sound of things it may be a few days before we venture into town. But we don't appear to be any the worse for wear.