Purty Squier Standard H-H w/o pickguard.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I was checking prices on something and this caught my eye on ebay. It was love at first sight. I couldn't help myself at all. It was listed at $250, I offered $200 and he accepted it! Ooops! So i had to say the "Honey, guess what happened, by accident?" It is an H-H and is free of pickguard, which I love because it allows that gorgeous transparent finish to show, and I have static issues with plastic pickguards. It may need new pickups, and maybe not. I just hope it plays as nice as it looks.

The Squier Standard series are usually pretty nice. My Memorial Strat is a Standard Squier.

s-l1600 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

s-l1600 (1) by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

s-l1600 (3) by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

s-l1600 (5) by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

s-l1600 (7) by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Nice guitar. I have a Strat Standard S-S-S the same colour with matching headstock that I acquired in a trade. It has a 20th Anniversary neck plate.i never play it. I might have to pull it out.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Looks to be inexcellent condition and very pleasing to look at. Good luck with it!

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Congratulations! That's a real beauty and a good deal. Will be waiting anxiously for an update once you've spent some time with it. Best of luck.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
It’s going to be delivered today! I am so excited. You’d think it was my first guitar?

It reminds me of the time I went to a lecture about sex in America. The speaker did a survey of the audience and asked how many had sex more than once per week. A bunch of people raised their hands. Then he asked about once per week, once per month, then finally asked how manu only had sex about once per year? On guy raised his hand and moved it back and forth vigorously. The speaker said, “you only have sex once per year?” The person answered Yes excitedly! The speaker said, why are you so happy about that? The answered, “Tonight’s the night!”

Today is the day! I think my last guitar was the G&L Tribute Tele, and that was at least a year ago. So like I said, today’s the day!

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Sweet looking guitar. I had wanted to order a Bolt Plus from Carvin before it was discontinued. Really disappointed when it was. It was basically a Strat style body with two humbuckers and no pickguard. They do still have kits available, May have to order one someday. Can't wait to hear the report on your new guitfiddle.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
It’s going to be delivered today! I am so excited. You’d think it was my first guitar?

It reminds me of the time I went to a lecture about sex in America. The speaker did a survey of the audience and asked how many had sex more than once per week. A bunch of people raised their hands. Then he asked about once per week, once per month, then finally asked how manu only had sex about once per year? On guy raised his hand and moved it back and forth vigorously. The speaker said, “you only have sex once per year?” The person answered Yes excitedly! The speaker said, why are you so happy about that? The answered, “Tonight’s the night!”

Today is the day! I think my last guitar was the G&L Tribute Tele, and that was at least a year ago. So like I said, today’s the day!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I only had a few minutes to look at it. The neck is pretty thick. Not too thick, but thicker than most Fender or Squires I have. The fret ends are nice and smooth. The strings are way past gone and have rust on them. The volume pot is bad, and I could only get it to work at all by pushing or pulling on it. The body is real flat in terms of the finish. It lloks almost the same as my red satin PRS CE 22. My wife even said,”you already have one that looks just like that?” The two point tremolo is cranked down against the body in the back. The knife edges it rides on look good, so I hope I can get it working properly.

So I need to get a new volume pot for sure. I will see if there is any shielding and add that if needed. New strings. And get the tremolo setup and do an overall setup. I have a new pair of strap lock buttons to put on it. I will have to do some work just to be able to play it and evaluate it further.

I forgot how it was buying an old used guitar and having to work on it just to make it playable. My last couple guitars were new and just worked outa the box?