Hi fellow musicians i'm Kermit from Ames, Iowa

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Kermit, I might suggest that you stick with one thing at a time and master it! Ask questions along the way. Practice everyday. I have been playing guitar for 66 years, and piano for 70. I am still learning! Otherwise, this would be no fun at all. :)

Learning something new is very rewarding and fun. :cool::Beer:

I tell people that you will get to a point where you will become your own teacher. You decide what direction you want to go.

Tom

patb

Blues Junior
Welcome Kermit. You are off to a good start and you're in the right place to learn the blues.
Pat

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Hey, Kermit! Hi neighbor (almost)! I'm in Omaha. Welcome to you. I'm also learning blues in my 60's but next week will be learning blues in my 70's! I also found that buying one guitar after another doesn't make me a blues player. But I continue to do it anyway!:sneaky: There is another BGU'er here in Omaha that plays in a band. I've sat in on a couple of their practices and that was a lot of fun. But he is, unfortunately, moving to Arkansas. Other than him I don't know of any other local BGU'ers.

Good luck with BBG. Keep us posted on your progress.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Hi, Kermit! I'm an OSU grad, spent some time over in Hawkeye country visiting friends. Nice place. Welcome! :Beer:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Kermit, welcome to the Forum. If you stick with Griff's courses and try not to be distracted by everything that's out there on the internet, you WILL be playing better than you ever imagined in (relatively) short order.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Speaking of squirrel's, I just saw the biggest squirrel ever! It was on the limb of a tree, and caused the limb to sag. Then it jumped onto our roof, and made so much noise running back and fourth. I am sure that sucker was wearing brogans! :)

Tom