2018 BGU NE Jam V is official !!!!!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I am hoping you are booing a room for, and bringing Johnny Midnight to this jam. I can't believe that no one got video of his "You Really Got Me " performance. I don't think I have laughed as hard since seeing those two young kids faces, watching him lite up their performance.
I remember that they couldn't find Johnny when he was supposed to go up. He was one of a kind. :D

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
The dates for the jam are Fri-Sar 20 and 21st. There is supposed to be a blues jn a a club Thurs night and ,maybe brunch on Sun.

Most of the info is on page one of this thread.

The Skunk and I should be up there either late Wed or early Thurs. TBD

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Thought I had really hoped to make it, my attending is looking a bit dim right now. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make the roll call. Hope you all have a real blast.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Well, I had been hoping for a BGU event that I could make without the expense and hassles of air travel. This one coming up, with about a 3 hour travel time for me, would have been perfect but we are playing Thurs the 19th and we've got tickets to the annual Grassroots festival here for the rest of the week-end. Hopefully something like this will come up again next summer?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I see quite a few names there that I know from previous events and look forward to seeing again. First timers of course are welcome and shouldn't feel intimidated.

The body count is kind of low compared to previous regional jams- I hope more people will make it.

I will miss Doug and Sue but I guess they will be RVing elsewhere.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Well, I had been hoping for a BGU event that I could make without the expense and hassles of air travel. This one coming up, with about a 3 hour travel time for me, would have been perfect but we are playing Thurs the 19th and we've got tickets to the annual Grassroots festival here for the rest of the week-end. Hopefully something like this will come up again next summer?
3 hour drive? Damn. Drive over for Friday's festivities and spend the rest of the weekend at the Grassroots festival. Play or watch other people play, that is the question. :D Just trying to twist your arm a little Bernie. Meeting other BGU folks is always fun.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
We are booked at Baymont Inn & Suites Queensbury/Lake George. We will check in on Thursday and stay through Sunday. Need to get the rust off the fingers before then.
Eric

Awesome! So glad you're going to be there, Eric! Crossroads (Kevin Cunningham) and I are staying at the Baymont and should be there from late Wednesday evening. I'm looking forward to seeing you! I think last time was the rooftop jams in Memphis before BGU Live.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Sigh. Trying not to let this bum me out too much. This has been a yin/yang year for me in many respects. If yang is the bad half, well, there's been more than a fair share of that. Life is good, of course, but sometimes one can wish for fewer of the speedbump parts. :cautious:

I will make a BGU jam someday. Oh, yes, I will. :Beer:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Bummed I can not make this one!! I would love to get out of the hazy, hot, Humid south in the middle of July--I guess that's why I get paid the big bucks(lol)
Lloyd Stock? Build it I will be there.

Carlos
Hey Carlos, we came down for yours (and enjoyed it immensely). Will miss you, but whatever you gotta do. Probably going to need some bass players, as usual.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Awesome! So glad you're going to be there, Eric! Crossroads (Kevin Cunningham) and I are staying at the Baymont and should be there from late Wednesday evening. I'm looking forward to seeing you! I think last time was the rooftop jams in Memphis before BGU Live.

Thanks paparaptor! I'm glad I can go (or rather that Kathleen and Cowboy will have me :) )

Yes, rooftop at Memphis! An awesome scene. My only other one has been Dallas. The California ones in the spring I can't make. Spring is too hard to get away. Maybe when I retire.

Eric