Solo #3 Post BSBB

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
What's this guy talking about? Post BSBB?

I originally learned this solo a long time ago.

While taking Griff's new course, Blues Speed Building Blocks, I noticed that most, if not all, of his examples can be found in solos in his previous courses.

I think this solo is where Griff first introduces the "tweedly" and I never could do it.

And now, just maybe I can.

If you are taking the new course, you will notice some other examples from that course in this solo.

Point is, I've improved greatly while taking BSBB.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wqtf1sot275xz1n/BGU 2-0 Solo 3.mp3?dl=0

There are other solos with the "new" examples and I'll be revisiting them, as well.

Hi Paleo, thanks for the feedback on the BSBB. I wasn’t that interested at first, there is more to life than increasing its speed.
Hearing that it made your tweedlies sound better has me reconsidering.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Yeah. I'm now revisiting BGU Solo 4, the "long" one. There are some licks in that one that I couldn't quite handle before.

And some of those moves are examples in Griff's new course.

So if I can handle them in the new course, I should be able to come back and play them in Solo 4.

Griff's new course covers pretty much all the rhythm figures and moves that you would find in all the solos of his previous courses.

I think that's how he planned it?

It also presents a "new" way to handle difficult phrases.

Take them a few notes (beats) at a time, get them up to speed and then connect them all together.

Seems like a simple enough idea, I just never thought of approaching things that way.

Smaller "Building Blocks" connected together.

For that reason alone, BSBB is my new favorite course.

At least til the next one comes out.:sneaky:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Seems I always think of more to say after I've said what I said.

It's not so much being able to play faster overall.

Solo 4 is a nice slow blues.

But it has some pretty tricky "bursts" later on as it builds.

It's being able to handle those "bursts" that is the true value of the BSBB course for me.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Yeah. I'm now revisiting BGU Solo 4, the "long" one. There are some licks in that one that I couldn't quite handle before.

And some of those moves are examples in Griff's new course.

So if I can handle them in the new course, I should be able to come back and play them in Solo 4.

Griff's new course covers pretty much all the rhythm figures and moves that you would find in all the solos of his previous courses.

I think that's how he planned it?

It also presents a "new" way to handle difficult phrases.

Take them a few notes (beats) at a time, get them up to speed and then connect them all together.

Seems like a simple enough idea, I just never thought of approaching things that way.

Smaller "Building Blocks" connected together.

For that reason alone, BSBB is my new favorite course.

At least til the next one comes out.:sneaky:
There was a method to the madness :thumbup: