Thank you, Griff, for SARM!

TerryTosh

Blues Newbie
It took me 5 months, but I finally finished SARM. What an excellent course! So much material, so many styles and techniques, and so many nice "Easter eggs" hidden in the examples. I just wanted to thank Griff for providing this course. I think all aspiring guitarists should take this course as soon as they have their open chords down and can begin to play barre chords. Mastering this course will open so many doors and really advance you quickly. It takes work, but it is fun!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Congratulations Terry! I think it’s a great accomplishment to make it all the way through one of Griff’s courses!
Great work!

Gussy

Blues Newbie
Hi Terry, and everyone else too.

I just purchased this course and joined the forum this week.

I have a question, if you dont mind. Currently I can play the “worlds most common strum” pretty evenly and most chords changes clean. What I can’t do is play in time to a beat. Would you say that after finishing this course you could play rhythm with a drummer and hit the correct chords on the proper beats, and not get lost? My goal at the moment is to become a serviceable rhythm guitar player and this course seems to be geared towards that goal

Would you say that after finishing this course you could play rhythm with a drummer and hit the correct chords on the proper beats, and not get lost? My goal at the moment is to become a serviceable rhythm guitar player and this course seems to be geared towards that goal

Hello and welcome to the forum Gussy. Learning to play in rhythm with others comes with practice and repetition more so than from a specific course. Playing along with backing tracks and recorded songs helps over time. The most valuable takeaway from Griff’s SRM course for me was clearer awareness of different strumming patterns and some of the examples just sound nice to play. His course on how to build a blues song should help you with not getting lost on the chord changes plus valuable structured practice time playing rhythm with a band (on the lesson backing tracks).

Gussy

Blues Newbie
Ok. Thanks For the input Jeff. I’ll have to add playing to a backing track to my practice regimen. Doing that and getting my head and foot accustomed to the whole counting thing of SRM should keep me busy for a while.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
It took me 5 months, but I finally finished SARM. What an excellent course!
So what do you mean you "finished" SARM? You don't mean you started at the beginning lesson and worked each one through until you went through the last lesson, do you? I just can't comprehend "finishing" a guitar lesson! :eek: What do you mean? Please explain:rolleyes::LOL: