It was my wife's special milestone birthday on the way to the Cher concert a Hockey game happened.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
I don't have a horse in the race, but I don't want the Capitals to win. I'll be rooting for the winner of the Knights/Jets series. :Beer:

A guy at work called me bandwagon fan. But growing up in Minnesota and having Norm "Greed" move the North Stars to Dallas helps me be a fan of the season the Knights had this year as they were able to get a potential Stanley Cup Finals team by buying it for a 1/2 Billion dollars. It seems very appropriate.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie
Who would go to a Cher concert when there is a Stanley Cup game available?

It was my wife's birthday and we had the tickets for months before the Hockey game got scheduled. Some of my work friends are paying $150+ for face value standing room only. So we relied on the DVR this knight. And we watched the first 2 periods which was most of the real scoring while having the surprisingly good burgers at the Park MGM Moneyline sports bar.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It was my wife's birthday and we had the tickets for months before the Hockey game got scheduled. Some of my work friends are paying $150+ for face value standing room only. So we relied on the DVR this knight. And we watched the first 2 periods which was most of the real scoring while having the surprisingly good burgers at the Park MGM Moneyline sports bar.

Just yanking your chain my friend.
Seems like Vegas has gone crazy for hockey.

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie

I know that Mike, we are crazy about hockey, after the whole we don't deserve any teams because of gambling it is cool that something amazing happened.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
I caught the second last regular season game there on the drive down to BGU live. Rolled into town around 4 pm, checked in and bellied up to the bar to find that if I have a ticket to the game I get a free pail of beer. So I figured out how to do it with my phone and for $150 I got a seat six up behind the penalty box and a pail of beer. A great game.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I caught the second last regular season game there on the drive down to BGU live. Rolled into town around 4 pm, checked in and bellied up to the bar to find that if I have a ticket to the game I get a free pail of beer. So I figured out how to do it with my phone and for $150 I got a seat six up behind the penalty box and a pail of beer. A great game.
Yeah - that took some arm twisting, didn’t it?! :)

Kevin

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I didn’t know hockey from lawn croquet, then Utica created the Comets and hockey jumped up large on my radar (I know some of the folks who made the team happen). We already had a great college team but now we’re on the national radar for pro hockey and the town is nuts for it. Just finished remodeling the downtown arena and we have big plans for expanding into a sports complex with three rinks for hosting national level events.

I think of it as football (soccer) on ice and then the games makes sense to me. :Beer:

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie

Very cool Terry, Hockey in Vegas who would of thunk it! If you can find Miracle hockey tickets on the way to BGU ever again count me in. You probably know is Vegas the coolest opening with the Knight battle and alI or is that typical to have such cool openings? I don't know cause I haven't watched much hockey except for the Olympics after the Stars left Minnesota. Actually they have write ups that there are more Canadians on the Vegas team then on the Winnipeg team and many Canadians would probably vote for Vegas because of long standing rivalries between the various Canadian teams. Just like in Basketball being a Lakers Fan I would root for Toronto over the Celtics for example, please anyone beat the Celtics. Sorry Wilbur or any NE BGUer's that might be Celtics fans.

Last edited:

GuitarGeorge

Blues Newbie

Nah Mike no hard feelings just bragging about the Local team feeling good to have something good in Vegas. Just sold a guitar for good money and FedEx-ed it to Texas to pay for my granddaughters college this summer, so I got some good feelings about Texas also this week. I have actually hooked up with some long lost cousins in Texas (Viking Fans due to family ties) so you never know some time you could see me at a Texas Jam, ya never know stranger things have happened like Hockey in Vegas!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You probably know is Vegas the coolest opening with the Knight battle and alI or is that typical to have such cool openings? .

Welllll....
IMO, That Knight battle thing is pretty cheesy, but Vegas IS the town of Wayne Newton & Elvis impersonators, so I guess on the Vegas Cheesy scale, it not that high. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::coffee::Beer::Beer:

Terry B

Welllll....
IMO, That Knight battle thing is pretty cheesy, but Vegas IS the town of Wayne Newton & Elvis impersonators, so I guess on the Vegas Cheesy scale, it not that high. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::coffee::Beer::Beer:

Cheesy yes but kinda cool too. ;) And the overall vibe was as good or better than any rink I've been in. Vegas is a great place to enjoy a hockey game.

Terry B

Very cool Terry, Hockey in Vegas who would of thunk it! If you can find Miracle hockey tickets on the way to BGU ever again count me in. You probably know is Vegas the coolest opening with the Knight battle and alI or is that typical to have such cool openings? I don't know cause I haven't watched much hockey except for the Olympics after the Stars left Minnesota. Actually they have write ups that there are more Canadians on the Vegas team then on the Winnipeg team and many Canadians would probably vote for Vegas because of long standing rivalries between the various Canadian teams. Just like in Basketball being a Lakers Fan I would root for Toronto over the Celtics for example, please anyone beat the Celtics. Sorry Wilbur or any NE BGUer's that might be Celtics fans.

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Interestingly, while loading up on merch between periods the vender asked where I was from and who my favourite team is and all that, I said while the Leafs are my team the Knights are now my second favourite (they're my daughter's favourite team). He said yeah, he thinks they're everybody's second favourite team.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
...... But growing up in Minnesota and having Norm "Greed" move the North Stars to Dallas helps me be a fan of the season the Knights had this year as they were able to get a potential Stanley Cup Finals team by buying it for a 1/2 Billion dollars. It seems very appropriate.
I used to co-own season tickets to the North Stars when they were in MN with a couple other guys - it was always a great event. When they moved to Dallas, I was so mad and gave up on hockey and haven't watched it since. The Wild play in a nice venue, but it just isn't the same.
BTW - Cher who?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Cheesy yes but kinda cool too. ;) And the overall vibe was as good or better than any rink I've been in. Vegas is a great place to enjoy a hockey game.

No doubt an instant hockey town (Much more so than Dallas). Have you seen the crowds standing outside watching the game on the big screens in the heat? I'm not even sure that I'm a big enough hockey fan for that.

I remember when the Stars first came to Dallas in '93. Marsha and I were out at a bar or restaurant that had a bar and who was sitting at the end of the bar completely unnoticed by anyone? Mike Modano!
Even today in some places I have to ask them to turn on the game. Especially if it's the playoffs and Dallas has already bowed out like this year.
On the cool side of that Stars can go out in public and not be mobbed.
I was playing a gig last month and who is sitting at the bar but Craig Ludwig ( 2 time Stanley Cup winner-Once with Montreal and once with the Stars).

BTW, OG_Blues please thank all of Minnesota for not approving the new North Star stadium for Norm Green.